• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sand Time... Finally.

98Z5V

On 1/5/2021 at 12:39 PM, DNP said:

I’m surprised we haven’t polished and ported the gas port in our barrels yet or run them through some sort of flow bench.

Well, where do you think I get my gas port data from, brother?  Calculating bore size for an engine.  That's how I come up with all that shiit, in the first place.  First is what works, second is calculating bore size on what works - it's just a smaller bore, in a gas port - but the math is the same.  If the dwell time is the same, and gas block diameter increases, then it's like calculating a stroker engine.  Literally.  Bore x Bore x Stroke x 0.7854.  Done.  If you want the same size "engine" in a gas port, but the gas block diameter increased, that's a longer "stroke" if you were building an engine.  You need to make the "cylinder" smaller, which would be the gas port in this case.  To have the "same size engine" - and keep the same gas pressure... 

It's all math.  Eugene Stoner figured out the physics on it :hail:      - just apply his physics (and math) of the operations that really work, modify the math for the different shiit, and your gun runs.   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Math lesson - as soon as you fuckers can run these calculations, I can RETIRE and stop answering questions!...   :banana::lmao:

1773657805_BoreandStrokeand7854.png.9bf151685cb864783cf6eb1a80dd83c5.png

So be it, who gives a rat's ass about a circle vs a square?

how about a more simple formula as to how to figure displacement ?

I'm listening.........

9 hours ago, mrmackc said:

So be it, who gives a rat's ass about a circle vs a square?

how about a more simple formula as to how to figure displacement ?

I'm listening.........

Maybe because you have to determine the area that a certain size circle actually is, before you can add the depth to that (the stroke), so you can come up with the cylinder volume... 

Bore x Bore x Stroke x 0.7854 is about as easy as it can get, Mack.  It doesn't get any simpler than that...  

I was explaining the WHY on using the 0.7854, Nuggin'...   :bitchslap:

35 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Maybe because you have to determine the area that a certain size circle actually is, before you can add the depth to that (the stroke), so you can come up with the cylinder volume... 

Bore x Bore x Stroke x 0.7854 is about as easy as it can get, Mack.  It doesn't get any simpler than that...  

I was explaining the WHY on using the 0.7854, Nuggin'...   :bitchslap:

Bore x Bore x Stroke x 0.7854 X number of cylinders = Engine displacement ?    (must be the new math way of figureing how to calculate the volume of a cylinder.

Edited by mrmackc

2 hours ago, mrmackc said:

Bore x Bore x Stroke x 0.7854 X number of cylinders = Engine displacement ?    (must be the new math way of figureing how to calculate the volume of a cylinder.

Exactly.  I can post up the paper I wrote on it years ago, if you'd like.  It's definitely not a "new math was of figuring it out" either - it's one of the oldest, proven ways around. 

• 3 weeks later...

Next trip, according to a phonecall from @AZMan tonight, the dates are 19~21 Feb.  Friday to Sunday.  Sand Time again.  If I can't get the 250R engine done by then, I'll take the LTR.  I like jumping that thing WAY MORE BETTER anyway.  I'll huck that fucker off anything you guys point at...   :banana:

@DNP - Sand.  19~21 Feb, brother. Grab a bike.   @SmoothAction - get a flight, brother...   :thumbup:

Dan has ALOT of guys coming, I'll wrangle the local guys into this one, too, and get a good big trip out of this one.  Replacing all the coolant lines on one guy's rig tomorrow. 

Edited by 98Z5V

On 1/29/2021 at 8:57 PM, 98Z5V said:

Next trip, according to a phonecall from @AZMan tonight, the dates are 19~21 Feb.  Friday to Sunday.  Sand Time again.  If I can't get the 250R engine done by then, I'll take the LTR.  I like jumping that thing WAY MORE BETTER anyway.  I'll huck that fucker off anything you guys point at...   :banana:

@DNP - Sand.  19~21 Feb, brother. Grab a bike.   @SmoothAction - get a flight, brother...   :thumbup:

Dan has ALOT of guys coming, I'll wrangle the local guys into this one, too, and get a good big trip out of this one.  Replacing all the coolant lines on one guy's rig tomorrow. 

Let me see what I can do!

• 2 weeks later...