• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Eye balls

unforgiven

On 11/17/2021 at 1:14 AM, jim3326 said:

I'll have to check which Holosun I picked up but I had some issues getting a good dot until I lowered the glow.

I have astigmatism and have the same experience with a lower brightness making it better, not fixing it but better. I have also seen big differences with quality level, my Aimpoint PRO has just a little comma while my vortex is three big fuzzballs together, glass quality must matter, don't own one but tried out a Holosun at the LGS and it was in the range of the Aimpoint on clarity for me. I did not have luck with Eotech, seemed to go in and out for me, good for the first few seconds then my focus goes in and out, nobody has explained this to me as they are supposed to work with astigmatism. I still use red dots on a few weapons but a 1x prism scope has been working better for me on things that would use a red dot.

On 7/29/2021 at 7:57 PM, Lane said:

What does an astigmatism do to the scope view? I noticed that I can't use reflex optics (see a cascade of dot/sights); I think that's an astigmatism issue. Don't really know what my eyes are actually like because I don't have glasses anymore, or have any idea what my prescription was 20 years ago. 

My scope eye has very poor vision, but using a scope I've dialed in for myself is what I recall wearing glasses was like. Crystal clear view.

Yep, you can adjust the diopter on your scope and your binoculars, on the binoculars the diopter adjustment in on the right eye.. so you focus the binoculars until your left eye see's a very sharp image, and then adjust the diopter to your right eye,, should be in focus for both eyes then..

On 11/16/2021 at 8:33 PM, unforgiven said:

That's great guys 🍻🍻 Eye Doc here found a guy in Orland Park Ill. I have one more to go and I don't look forward to it. Having got metal shavings in my eyes in the past and I did have safety glasses on. Just freaks me out. 

I totally relate my friend, hope you can find someone whom can lower your anxiety level,, like Jose Cuervo!!! he's good to get you chill!

2 minutes ago, billymagg said:

I totally relate my friend, hope you can find someone whom can lower your anxiety level,, like Jose Cuervo!!! he's good to get you chill!

A simple procedure took almost an hour for level of sedation needed. You know as soon as your told not to touch your eye that you got to touch your eye.😵