• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Clear your own house, by yourself.

98Z5V

• 3 weeks later...

IF he would have opened that door...    i was there, waiting...   :thumbup:

Late at night, that midnight snack, right when you reach for that door...   I might be there, I might not.  Might be your lucky night.  Never know.  

Get down there tonight around midnight, and find out... Yank that handle, and be ready...  :popcorn:

Edited by 98Z5V

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 6:01 PM, 98Z5V said:

Late at night, that midnight snack, right when you reach for that door...   I might be there, I might not.  Might be your lucky night.  Never know.  

So YOU'RE the one who keeps eating all the good leftovers in my refrigerator and leaving the crappy stuff!:lmao:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

:thumbup:  It's a good one.  There's alot of good content on that channel, especially with the combination of Glover and DJ now. 

Check this one (two parts).  I didn't realize it, but I've been training pistol like this for a long, long time.  I used the Bill Wilson 5x5 Drill for a long time, as a training standard.  I've changed it now to 6 in 5 because of this specifically.

56 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

I blame it on my martial arts history, but I tend to shoot pistol in a modified weaver stance, back foot almost at a full 45 degrees.  It's not popular, but I've made it my go-to.

As long as your upper body is squared up on the target, that's good.  You can take a hit from any direction, and still maintain footing.  If your feet are directly beside each other, you can take a hit from the side, but you're going down with a hit from front or rear. You know the deal.

• 1 year later...

Found another good one in the CQB Single Man house clearing content.  

Here's the spin-off to that one, referenced in that ^^^ vid.

Best advice I can give is know the difference between a corner-fed room (be it left or right) and a center-fed room - and how to tackle each of those problems.  Every room in your house is either corner-fed or center-fed.  Example, 4 bedroom house, 3 bedrooms are corner-fed.  Only one is center-fed.  However, the master bedroom is corner-fed.  Then there's the bathroom off the master - center-fed.  Then there's the separated toilet room inside the bathroom - straight door, but slightly corner-fed - and the master closet - corner-fed.  That's a big room to clear, and 4 problems all by itself, just from that one initial doorway, and immediately off the steps upstairs.  It's the FIRST one I'm clearing, because you clear nearest first if there's no immediate (recognizable, audible) threat.  Then, the other 2 bedrooms upstairs, and the laundry room, and the other bathroom.  And closets inside those other 2 bedrooms.  And 2 closets in the upstairs hallway...  Never pass a doorway or door - if you're going to cross it, clear it, then move on.  Leave no stone unturned as you move forward, because it would suck ass to be shot in the back, in your own home. 

It's alot to tackle, by yourself.  And, that's why you need to practice it.  Your home is your castle - protect your family, and protect your property. Sounds silly, but clear your own house once in awhile, just to make sure you got this shiit down.  It'll make a difference, if you ever need to make that difference...

If I come home, find the garage door open, or front door kicked in - clear the first floor FIRST.  And smooth and fast.  If they're upstairs, they have 2 choices - jump out the fucking windows, or come down those stairs...   You came in on the ground floor, clear the ground floor.  Then tackle the next problem - upstairs.  Clear the rooms closest to you first, and work your way outwards from there.  It all depends on the layout of your house, entirely. 

Sounds stupid, but train with a cleared, unloaded firearm.  Do it with pistol, then do it with long gun.  If you have a light on the gun, use the light.  Don't do it with your 26" heavy-barreled .300 Win Mag...   Buy a new gun, if that's the only long gun you got... 

"You're a a home owner - you should know how to pie off your doorways to protect your house..."

Edited by 98Z5V

13 hours ago, AngelDeVille said:

I make sure to do all house clearing drills pant less, so I can wang slap multiple intruders like the three stooges.

That's the way it SHOULD be done, man.  Just make sure you have some body armor on that Little Guy.  Hate it if he got injured.

Just wear the appropriate part, and keep him protected...   :thumbup:

Die Erektion und das Abklingen der Schamkapsel | VICE | Deutschland

Metallic Package | VICE | United States