• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fun Rounds-on-Steel Video

BigNate

Some of the chatter in the recent 6.5 CM thread coincided with a buddy posting the video below in a different forum (actually a local car forum that is about 50 of us...).   Anyway - I decided not to clutter that thread with this - but still thought it was cool enough to share...  This is .300WM - Norma brass, RL26 powder, Hornady 225 ELD bullets and cci magnum primers.

The trace is badass - we can still do that here for another month-ish.  Takes humidity for that, and once our humidity goes away, it's WAY harder to see. 

That load components you posted @BigNate - that's close to what I load for mine.  Running the 225 ELD-Ms, but RL-22 powder, with the CCI large rifle magnum primers.  If this guy in the vid is local - you need to bring him out sometime with us.  We'll get him on the mile target with that boomstick.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

On 9/10/2021 at 9:41 PM, 98Z5V said:

The trace is badass - we can still do that here for another month-ish.  Takes humidity for that, and once our humidity goes away, it's WAY harder to see. 

That load components you posted @BigNate - that's close to what I load for mine.  Running the 225 ELD-Ms, but RL-22 powder, with the CCI large rifle magnum primers.  If this guy in the vid is local - you need to bring him out sometime with us.  We'll get him on the mile target with that boomstick.  :thumbup:

He lives in the Midwest these days... he gets back here from time to time - if he happens to be out on the weekend of the fall shoot, I'll invite him.  He tends to have cool toys (tools).