• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Dune Trip 31 Dec~2 Jan

98Z5V

11 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

I always felt that first aid courses, supplies and AED should at a minimum be tax deductable

Good luck, most people seem to be uncomfortable about an EDC kit on an ankle. A few have thanked me but most "outsiders" I'll say get that odd look, the fact that tourniquets could save a large number of people in mass casualty events never even occurs to them....... wonder why nra? We have a ways to go with education on that front but then that would be proactive which never raises money like the angry reactionary fundraiser drives. 

:soap:       and stepping off.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Magwa said:

are these all machines over or at 60 inches?

Commonly, 60" is the basic standard.  There's some 64" rigs, 72" rigs, and the newest one is 74" hub-to-hub, before tires, which gives it about 76" tires mounted.

Ask me questions about the rigs bro - I'll lay it down.  I've fixed and worked on all of them.  ALL of them. 

Edited by 98Z5V

On 1/17/2022 at 7:25 PM, 98Z5V said:

Commonly, 60" is the basic standard.  There's some 64" rigs, 72" rigs, and the newest one is 74" hub-to-hub, before tires, which gives it about 76" tires mounted.

Ask me questions about the rigs bro - I'll lay it down.  I've fixed and worked on all of them.  ALL of them. 

Here 50 inch is the standard as all the forest service trails are 50 inch required can not get on the trail if you are over will not fit through the gate and we have thousands of miles of trails ,but man it looks like fun on those dunes would be like the moon....... here everything is trees, rocks , and water... I can leave my door and ride to Montana on trails and a few dirt roads. so I have a 50 incher and use it for hunting game retrieval and a bunch of us go on long rides in the mountains camping along the way... I will have to pick your brain.... lol

9 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

That's one of the few things I haven't had to buy.  We have looked at side by sides for the property but haven't gotten to it yet.

How is the ranch doing?  I was thinking about it the other day and wondering if anything fun has been going on. You need a good side by side for out there. 

17 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

That's one of the few things I haven't had to buy.  We have looked at side by sides for the property but haven't gotten to it yet.

Yeah, a good side by side would probably work out for you all.

7 minutes ago, DNP said:

How is the ranch doing?  I was thinking about it the other day and wondering if anything fun has been going on. You need a good side by side for out there. 

Oh yeah. The ranch. All of us still need to invade that place for a good long weekend of debauchery.

10 hours ago, DNP said:

Tom, how about that single seater Susan was loving out there at the shoot? What is that, an Ace?

Polaris ACE 325.  They made them in the 570 and 900 engines, too.   The big motherfucker is the RS-1.  Single, but all RZR 1000 suspension and engine, with the clutches and bigger front diff from the Turbo. 

4 hours ago, Rsquared said:

That was Tommy's or Matt's wasn't it? I'm still shocked that Doc hasn't had to buy her one yet.

It's Matt's.

6 minutes ago, shooterrex said:

Doc get a donkey. They hate yotes and will keep the yotes away from the cows. Donkeys don't get along with dogs too much either so keep the dogs out of the pasture with the donkey.

One of the guys framing our house ranches miniature donkeys. He was telling us the rattlesnakes don’t like something about them too. All his neighbors have snake issues…non on his property. 

https://www.gotdonkeys.com/listings/love-that-ass-registered-miniature-donkeys/

Edited by DNP

8 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Several farms around us have donkeys. We have the Pyrenees for varmint control. The donkeys just eat what the cows eat.

My Brother in law uses Donkeys to help with the coyotes, he runs cattle and Horses so they fit right in most times but can be a bit opinionated, I kinda like'em.