• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Accurized AR Match, 26 March 2022

98Z5V

I'm working on the big write-up and pics right now, been a BUSY weekend...   I'll post it all up, just like always, and it was a fukkin' GREAT MATCH this month! 

First and foremost, I have to give a 'UGE (Donald Trump Voice) Shoutout to @JBMatt - he cleaned THE WHOLE FUCKING COURSE THIS MONTH, and came in 3rd Place - combined, amongst ALL categories - Overall.  :hail::thumbup:

HE CRUSHED IT!!!    :banana:

Matt, very, very well done, brother.  You were "more on fire" than normal...   If that were even a thing...   :lmao::laffs:

Beers, to you, my friend.  What you did last weekend was beyond impressive.  You slayed Dragons.  Fuckin' GREAT job. 

You a$shole.   :thefinger:

Here's the stages we had to shoot - of note, from the very beginning, they've always told us that there's a target out there that we could be shooting, at 710 yards.  Longest we've shot, since last May, when we started doing this, was 660 yards - prior to this one.

Well, this month, they brought out a 715 yard target!!!   :banana::lmao:

Here's Stg 1 through Stg 5, what we got emailed on Friday night...   click each one 3 times, and they get big enough to read the stage inctructions, and really see what's going on...   :thumbup:

2020465415_Stg1.thumb.png.b48cc0df45941608eff7d153724e8b8c.png

143697185_Stg2.thumb.png.634fda6ccef96931d804f8ffc27d13af.png

195082339_Stg3.thumb.png.2b42c5cddbea96a72e3d75e12f70c8f5.png

2047724830_Stg4.thumb.png.aedbd51083bcf907fda4f32a5d339947.png

295654172_Stg5.thumb.png.387cad6d57bbb259f33524351e8fa082.png

Here's the link to the official results of this one:

https://practiscore.com/results/html/fbfd3d65-5e4e-4490-8f1b-34bc910a630e

Out of 44 possible hits, @JBMatt cleaned the fucking course with 44 hits.  I came in there with 35 hits total.  Not too bad - unless you're comparing me to that jackass...  :laffs:

If you care to peruse the results to your heart's content, you'll notice that 2 of our former colleagues did quite shiitty.   :lmao::thefinger:

Main pics of the people - you'll notice 3 people shooting in the pics.  That's me, Matt, and Jim Olsen.  Jim is one awesome guy, and Matt's first customer when Matt moved here to AZ.  Jim is damn good people, all the way.  :thumbup::hail:

22 minutes ago, DNP said:

If the entire internet seems to be running a little slow, it’s because 98 just uploaded photos!  

nice shootin guys. 

Can you imagine if we were still using 56K dial up modems :embarrassed: You could have gone out for dinner, caught a sho, stopped off for ice cream and still been home before it finished downloading.

On 3/28/2022 at 11:29 PM, 98Z5V said:

image42.thumb.jpeg.51fcf1d55981e7ae5e06a7d418dccd21.jpeg

Isn't that a MOA optic in the process of taking 3rd place? My eye isn't what it used to be but I could swear that's a Vortex Viper Gen II PST 3-15x44 EBR-2D, which happens to be MOA adjustments if I'm not mistaken....

BTW, congratulations to you @JBMatt for taking 3rd with such a significant handicap. It was mighty nice of you to give 1st and 2nd a fighting chance like that...

28 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Isn't that a MOA optic in the process of taking 3rd place? My eye isn't what it used to be but I could swear that's a Vortex Viper Gen II PST 3-15x44 EBR-2D, which happens to be MOA adjustments if I'm not mistaken....

You're eyes are blown out, brother.  Have to be.  @JBMatt shoots mils - like smart men do.  He also doesn't even own a single Vortex scope.  I'm just sayin'...   :lmao:

That would be an ATHLON scope, though.  On his gun. 

As far as I know, he only shoots MOA on ONE GUN, that someone lent him - that happens to be an MOA slob.  He has no choice but to shoot the scope that was on that gun.  The battle for fake MOA info and real Mil info, and the cross-reference...   just about has him crazy.  I almost swapped the scope out for him, to a Mil scope, just to try to keep him sane, still.  I need him...  in perfect wit and function.  I thought he snapped a few times, when I was spotting for him.  He was all gibberish and crazy...  he was talking MOA and didn't even realize it...  We had Bloody Mary's after that, and made it all better again...  

Edited by 98Z5V

48 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

That's some sexy Mk12 action right there! Tom's getting a little tongue action between his legs from that trailer too, you can't tell me that animal doesn't know how to have a good time!

:thefinger::lmao:  Everybody had to - Stage Instructions...   START POSITION:  Standing on the trailer. Rifle loaded and safely pointed downrange.

That's the best I was willing to give them, right there.  My Chariot, ride me to Valhalla...  :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

34 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

BTW, congratulations to you @JBMatt for taking 3rd with such a significant handicap.

Your obvious MOA pedigree has you seeing sideways right now.  Matt shot Mils, like he always does.  He wasn't handicapped at all, with MOA - like all the other MOA shooters were handicapped - like ALL MOA shooters are handicapped.

You have no idea how happy I am that you jumped the shark on that MOA-Mil confusance that you just went through, though.  It makes my complete day, right there...   :laffs::lmao::banana::thefinger:

I'll wait for your response, MOA-Guy...  :popcorn::bat:

3 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

Wow, that's amazing! 1st and 3rd place are separated by 2.05 seconds and tied for hits on target. 2 seconds! Unbelievable...

1st and 3rd place were separated by about 11 seconds, brother.  Don't know where you're getting your math from.  60.90 for 1st and 71.95 for 3rd (Matt), is just a tick over 11 seconds (11.05 by what I'm reading)...  Maybe my math is wrong - but it's hardly ever wrong.  Not sure...  :popcorn:

There's some unreal shooters out there - and Matt just pushed himself right into the forefront of them...   :hail::thefinger:

On 3/29/2022 at 3:45 AM, 98Z5V said:

1st and 3rd place were separated by about 11 seconds, brother.  Don't know where you're getting your math from.  60.90 for 1st and 71.95 for 3rd (Matt), is just a tick over 11 seconds (11.05 by what I'm reading)...  Maybe my math is wrong - but it's hardly ever wrong.  Not sure...  :popcorn:

There's some unreal shooters out there - and Matt just pushed himself right into the forefront of them...   :hail::thefinger:

Sure enough! I misread that linked page rather badly, you're absolutely right. Bad math was the result of terrible reading comprehension in this case, I stand corrected!

wow great pics great event that is the stuff that makes you smile even when you don't get 1st or 3rd..... Now JB Matt now he be smiling... congrats to you all I love events like that I will start ringing steel next month when the effing snow is all gone...

21 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I'm working on the big write-up and pics right now, been a BUSY weekend...   I'll post it all up, just like always, and it was a fukkin' GREAT MATCH this month! 

First and foremost, I have to give a 'UGE (Donald Trump Voice) Shoutout to @JBMatt - he cleaned THE WHOLE FUCKING COURSE THIS MONTH, and came in 3rd Place - combined, amongst ALL categories - Overall.  :hail::thumbup:

HE CRUSHED IT!!!    :banana:

Matt, very, very well done, brother.  You were "more on fire" than normal...   If that were even a thing...   :lmao::laffs:

Beers, to you, my friend.  What you did last weekend was beyond impressive.  You slayed Dragons.  Fuckin' GREAT job. 

You a$shole.   :thefinger:

Thanks, guys.  I appreciate it. 

When we finished, I figured there'd be 20 guys that cleaned that course.  It was just too easy!  What happened to you @98Z5V?  :laffs::hornet:

In all reality, my goal was to hit all the targets and let the cards fall where they may.  We started on the timed tie breaker stage.  I wasn't overly concerned with shooting fast, just wanted to be accurate to get things rolling.  The fastest time on that stage for the day was 50 seconds.  It's gonna take some doing to equal that kind of time.  That's pretty effing fast.  I wasn't lolly-gagging but I chewed up the majority of the 90 second time limit.  Slow and smooth as they say, I guess.

I was very impressed with how many one shot and first shot impacts Jim and @98Z5V had.  It sometimes took them a while to get rolling, but once the targets were located, the shot to hit ratio was high.  That was cool for me to watch.  Something for me to aspire to.  @98Z5V definitely has wind and elevation figured out before any "sighters" are launched.  Probably just blind luck, really.  :lmao:

The coolest moment for me was corking the 715 on the first shot, as it was the last target of Stage 1.  I thought it quite the coincidence that the weekend before, @98Z5V had randomly put steel at 720 down at the SDTF for the Spring Shoot.  Once we had the dope and the wind call, it wasn't much trouble to ring that bell with my 77gr SMK's.  I got through the motorcycle prop easy enough, went prone for T1 and T2 at 205 yds no problem, should have plenty of ammo left in the mag, just in case.  As I squared up on that 715, I remembered thinking, all my hits have all been just low and just right of zero.  2-3 mph wind right to left, hold right edge.  Check.  Up 6 MIL's.  Check.  Hell, let's give er an extra half MIL up and see what happens.  Ding!

Great time with great friends, great weather and finally got some love on the spotting!  Thanks @98Z5V.  Having a good spotter in your pocket that you trust takes some of the edge off.  It takes a village sometimes.  A team effort, if you will.  When it all comes together though, it's pretty cool.  Now I just need some speed!  

Edited by JBMatt

13 hours ago, JBMatt said:

The coolest moment for me was corking the 715 on the first shot, as it was the last target of Stage 1.  I thought it quite the coincidence that the weekend before, @98Z5V had randomly put steel at 720 down at the SDTF for the Spring Shoot.  Once we had the dope and the wind call, it wasn't much trouble to ring that bell with my 77gr SMK's. 

That's a permanent target now - I'm not going back up there to get it, and good luck to someone "accidentally finding" it...  :laffs:  They're never gonna find that 12" gong out that far, in those hills.  I just hope we don't shoot it out, and knock it down - and I have to drag my ass back up there to re-hang it.  That fucking SUCKED just to get it up there in the first place. 

Brother, I still can't get over how fucking badass you shot that match - that was impressive as all get-out.  :hail::thumbup: