DPMS lower parts set
Old A1 stock w/buffer and spring
JE Machine rail
B Square level
Muzzle brake w/flash can
Bushmaster charging handle
Aim Surplus BCG w/Grendel type 2 bolt
Athlon 20moa scope mount on order.
Athlon Optics Argos BTR GEN2 8-34X56 First Focal Plane On order.

Oh and a plain Jane Anderson lower.

The rifle is together. Waiting on optics.

Pics to follow soon.

Edited by shooterrex

Got out this afternoon. Robbed a scope off another rifle.

The Hornady black doesn't lock back on an empty mag. Locking on the BCG not the bolt.

The Hornady Match does most of the time.

I only ran 35 rnds through it.

Gas block may not be sealed up yet or I might have to open the gas port up a bit. I didn't measure it before assembly.

Getting velocity's in the 2630 range out of both loads.

Very windy today. Wind was actually blowing my targets around so the groups sucked.

IMG_20220501_173434.jpg

IMG_20220501_180641.jpg

Edited by shooterrex
add pics

4 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Gas block may not be sealed up yet or I might have to open the gas port up a bit. I didn't measure it before assembly.

Getting velocity's in the 2630 range out of both loads.

That's about what I was getting from my 18" BA gun, brother. 

If it's the gas port diameter, I measured my BA before it went together.  Here's the info:

https://forum.308ar.com/uploads/monthly_2020_06/P1080710.JPG.6c12c9bcd97f91f6b297f7f0bd8dce2f.JPG

6mm ARC.  Ballistic Advantage Mk12 SPR profile barrel, 18" rifle gas.  Gas port diameter is 0.097". 

Is yours rifle gas?  Looks like it from the pics.  If it's midlength, my info above won't help...   :laffs:

It's mid length. I'll shoot it some more and see if it's the gas block sealing up. If needed I'll open it up a bit at a time or drill it out big and use an adjustable gas block.

The gun runs 95% on the eld match.

Just not well on the black. The black and match are almost the same velocity's.

56 minutes ago, shooterrex said:

That would be cool.

If my shiit works right, in my brain and experience, then you need a gas port diameter that's 0.085" MINIMUM, and possibly up to 0.090".  Check your gas port, brother, and let me know what it is now. 

8 hours ago, shooterrex said:

It's for playing long range in Az in the fall.

You'll love it - we have a new 12" circle gong up in the hill from camp, 715 yards.  It's hard to find, but fun to shoot.  I just hope we don't shoot what's hanging it - because I don't want to hike up there again.  Ever.  :laffs:

13 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I don't want to hike up there again.  Ever. 

Bullschitt.  Perfect opportunity to drag another piece with you to hang at 775. I'm gonna start shooting at the T-posts... :laffs:

20 minutes ago, JBMatt said:

Bullschitt.  Perfect opportunity to drag another piece with you to hang at 775. I'm gonna start shooting at the T-posts... :laffs:

I'd think you're an absolute badass, if you can shoot out the paracord that I hung that target with.  No chain, just hooks and paracord.  If you shoot it - you're going back up there with me to re-hang it.  And we'll put in that 775...   :thefinger::laffs:

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

I'd think you're an absolute badass, if you can shoot out the paracord that I hung that target with.  No chain, just hooks and paracord.  If you shoot it - you're going back up there with me to re-hang it.  And we'll put in that 775...   :thefinger::laffs:

I'll carry the paint.

15 minutes ago, sketch said:

Should use some ruber tire material to absorb frag? Still not a flashing chain but lasts longer, and cammo ish. My .02

Not in the desert - the sun fuks that shiit up.  Wouldn't last a summer here, man.

21 minutes ago, JBMatt said:

I'll carry the paint.

Deal.  But, I might load you up with that new 775 target, if I'm carrying t-posts and the 16lb pounder... 

It's a "fun" walk.  :thumbup: