• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ohio SB 215 - Constitutional Carry

Ohio Senate Bill 215 passed, and as of Monday, June 13th, 2022, Ohio is a Constitutional Carry State.  Excellent!  Way to go, Buckeyes!  :thumbup:

Here's an very good rundown on what changed, and what hasn't, for OH firearms:

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/answers-common-questions-about-ohio’s-new-permitless-carry-law

I'm back here right now, visiting family in OH, since 2 June.  Lot's of questions - mainly, everyone is worried about "regular people carrying handguns, concealed, that don't have any training..."   Hey, I get it Fam - I do.  I'm a BIG proponent of training.  If you don't know how to do your own training, or handle a firearm safely - then seek out professional training.  I really do get that, and support and encourage that...

And I tell them this fact that they don't know...  AZ turned into a Constitutional Carry State in July 2010.  You don't see a bunch of untrained, loose-cannon, no-training-having jackasses running around AZ for the last 12 years, causing all kinds of problems...  My step-dad made a comment today, asking "How does it feel to be here for 10 days, and not have your gun?"  I casually slid the 43X out of the holster and showed it to him...  He's 92, and didn't even know you could check firearms and fly them with you - didn't even know, even though I've told him multiple times about it.  I flew 2 - 43X and 19X.

At any rate - great news for Ohioans...  Kudos to the lawmakers.  :hail:

Good going Ohio! Reassure your family. 

Those fears have been perpetrated by the media in every state that CC has been tried. Now understand that the media is calling buckeyes somehow retarded or stupid when it comes to CC. But of course they aren't. They are the same as everyone else throughout every state where CC is the law of the land. I'm still waiting for the death toll to rise, as per the lefts vision... and it hasn't!  The media and politicians need to apologize for the assumption of substandard humans they make every time in every state where they fight tooth and nail to prevent basic rights. Of course it'll never happen.

FWIW, let's understand the lefts assertion with CC and blood flowing in the streets. The left is insane and evil. Bear with me. I mentioned in a post a study that was conducted that by far (5:1) the left was seeking the help of mental illness professionals. A psychologist replied to me that in his practice he estimated that 90-95% of his clients were leftist and further stated that that statistic was the same country wide. Evil? Just look at the recent past where they burned the left coast cities and their twisted goals. Now to understand the medias penchant for their "blood in the streets" claim... They know what they would do with firearms, heck all of the mass murders with firearms have been by the left, so they are projecting themselves onto us. They can't comprehend that they are evil dirtbags and that we aren't, so in their mind we're all the same. 

Tell your family to relax. The criminals have had permitless concealed carry forever. This just allows the good guys to also carry. Crime will go down, not up, as it has in every state that has CC. Yet another sign that the left is evil. Why would anyone look at the data and not support a drop in crime? Does the ALMIGHTY or satan support crime and chaos?

Are you trying to tell me that the people who choose to legally carry, aren’t mostly criminals to begin with?  Weren’t they all just murderers and gang bangers waiting for the laws to change so there would be one less charge when they went on a killing spree?  Sounds totally logical to me. 

Ohio went another step further today, with HB 99, which allows arming teachers.  Research that one, because there's some bullpoopy liberal news articles out there, attacking the Governor for doing it.  It went into effect today, June 13th, same as the Constitutional Carry.

Here's the most non-lib article I can find on it.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ohio-governor-law-teachers-school-staff-carry-guns-24-hours-training

• 1 year later...

I live in Dayton,you know the 5th most violent city in Ohio, and i can tell you all from personal experience that as of yet there has not been any real negative side effects of this law passing. pretty much just another day. Im sure that someone can find something someplace but honestly its really not a big deal

Went into effect in June 2022, if I'm not mistaken.  I was home then, and it took effect while I was back there during that visit.  No bad stories of "gun nuts loose with unregistered guns..."   There never are. 

It went into effect in July 2010 here in AZ - and it's not nuts here because of it.