• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ATF Closes My FFL for the Day?

9 minutes ago, Lane said:

I disagree. You can't eat it. It's not really good for making much of anything. Even burning it doesn't help much unless you have wheelbarrow loads.

Trace the $20 I just agve you for something that I bought from you.  trace it to me.  Back to me.

Tell me again, that cash isn't King.  Show me that THAT was my dollar, directly to ME...

Never happen, if I'm not a Drug Lord...   :thumbup:

In a "purchase world" - you're not connecting me to green dollar bills.  Won't happen, can't happen.  I give you dollars for something - and that transaction is gone, forever, besides a receipt with a name on it.  Forever gone. 

Edited by 98Z5V

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Trace the $20 I just agve you for something that I bought from you.

That's pretty tight; I agree. 

But I wonder about this as well. I used to date a girl that worked at a major bank. But I never fully understood all that happened there...

If I go to the ATM, get sequential bills, and then shop at the LGS; is that NOT tracked? I don't actually know the answer. But I'm curious.

I met her before she worked at a bank... But once she got that job I wanted to know a lot. It was strange really; she would lock the fsck up when I started asking really deep questions about some "things". Which; usually turned into more Action.... 

I'm serious. I'm not at all sure how King cash really is in that respect. Where's George? Became an obsession of hers for a bit. 

I'm not sure?

I wasn't trying to rob the bank... You can track bills by serial number.

https://www.wheresgeorge.com/

I'm still wondering... How much tracking does the bank do?

If I get cash from the bank, I spend it at the LGS, and they deposit it. Isn't that almost the same as using a check or credit card?

Edited by Lane

8 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

looks like NY is waking up as a whole and I don't mean the woke waking :laffs:

Another Orwellian slang appropriation there. Trace the term WOKE back and it use to be a good thing. The original woke were minorities who realized that the government was further enslaving them with free poop and welfare, and getting rich bringing in the dope that the ghetto was addicted to while simultaneously using them for more votes.  WOKE people were Candace and hodgetwins. Somewhere along the way that was corrupted into the blue haired college girl with preferred pronouns screaming about capitalism drinking $9 coffee and filming in on her $1200 iPhone. 

Off topic edit for further contemplation. This topic probably deserves its own thread. Maybe call it the Anthropology of Modern Voluntary Enslavement

Sometimes I'm more interested in watching the process than the current manifestation. The current thing will change and mutate, and people will forget how the current thing is different from how that thing was a few years ago. What's important is the process of that change. How did it start. How did it propagate. Watching EQUALITY slowly turn into EQUITY the past few years has been interesting, and I have a feeling it ties into WOKE. I think it's an attempt to get people back on the plantation. Woke black people were very dangerous to those in power. It was turning into a movement. It was getting "COOL" to be woke. It was finding it's way into black music and culture...and all of the sudden suburban white kids are all woke. And then transgender people are all woke and cancelling Hollywood movies. And then coca-cola has a commercial telling people to stay woke, and it has become a joke, and all those minorities who were beginning to deprogram and educate and wake up, fall right back asleep. Post a foil hat meme if you want, but they are in every aspect of our lives. Tiny tweaks here and there to achieve the desired outcome over decades. They are masters and we underestimate them. This goes back to so many of our recent arguments on this board. This is how the "Arab springs" started around the world. This is how the Ukraine civil war started. All these things are not accidents. 

Edited by blue109

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Welcome to the real world.  The digital world.  Paper checks, written - same as swiping your card. 

I realize that, the article listed the credit card servers as the source of the records, hence my suggestion of a check. I understand the level of surveillance, might not know the details like you but I get what's going on.

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Tin foil hat - Wikipedia

These should be changed to copper, blocks the rf better :thumbup:

47 minutes ago, blue109 said:

What's important is the process of that change. How did it start. How did it propagate.

And knowing that is like an inoculation. He wrote this for people like us Brother, another sign of the times, protest art, check out Bob's list;

You can't put this quote out there enough, they believe  it, it was a plan not a warning.bernays-quote.jpg.ce7a62c2f2370220ca5b1a3ea107f237.jpg

7 hours ago, Lane said:

Cash in the mattress is kind of worthless. I'd rather have a lot of other things than cash.

I spent mine.

I agree, if you don't hold it you don't own it and owning a wad of paper doesn't do much for me. I've been scorned my whole life for not holding on to money, I've lived for near a year now by selling schit out of my basement, and you still can't tell I sold anything:laffs: 

I decided the KC office was the best place to send an email, close enough in the chain but not in the desk across the office, if I can use 5 minutes of their time I'm happy, only fair to let them see what I sent the media anyway. yep, this might sting :hornet: the more people poking the fewer stings per person.

On 9/2/2022 at 8:34 AM, jtallen83 said:

I agree, if you don't hold it you don't own it and owning a wad of paper doesn't do much for me. I've been scorned my whole life for not holding on to money, I've lived for near a year now by selling schit out of my basement, and you still can't tell I sold anything:laffs: 

That's been my position in reverse (spending my cash to fill out my tools and whatnot). I'll admit; inflation recently has changed my outlook on all that. I'd rather make sure I have what I need, and what I want, since that cash is going to be worth less tomorrow. 

When it comes down to cleaning out my basement; I should be able to do that later... There's plenty here I don't actually need. Talked to my postal carrier the other day, and he was saying his used car is worth more than he paid for it... Holding on to cash doesn't seem like a solid investment at the moment.

In the mean time; I'm still having fun with "toys" I bought even a decade ago. Plenty of things to keep my busy and amused around here already of course. 

22 minutes ago, Lane said:

When it comes down to cleaning out my basement;

I'm selling tools mostly but tools that are 100 plus years old so not as painful. I've had three different old straight screwdrivers sell for over $100, I might even be able to buy a new snap on for that :laffs:

Seriously though one of the first criteria I use is can it still do what it was supposed to do when new, been selling the bent, cracked, and broken antiques first. It's slowed down a bunch since last year but old junk can make some stupid money! You can't saw a lick with these but hey, I'll take it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314055538220

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255592011427

and primary arms just got it.

Edited by jtallen83
update

LoL at those eBay listings/sales. I have a bunch of very strange stuff that might be interesting to people as well; but not prison made saws. Very nice!

I probably should start trying to move some old stuff I'll never use or care about... It'll make room for all the new fun I have cooking.

• 3 weeks later...

Still not a peep, they have said nothing beyond they are investigating. Brad has been suspended from his Chiefs job, they sighted the city could not have the appearance of criminality from the chief so he is suspended until it's worked out.  I got two replies on the letters, one from Brad and one from my state rep, radio silence from the media beyond repeating the atf press release, no editorials accepted. They got nothing, nothing but the right to intimidate anyone as they see fit, that they have in spades now. I guess it's not a trial so they can drag schit out as long as they like, nobody can stop them at this point.

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2022 at 9:36 PM, Lane said:

Can obviously pay cash locally; and I often do with my LGS because it saves them money on credit card fees.

But it's terribly difficult NOT to shop online for parts. Can't buy decent quality roll pins at any hardware store around here. And the list goes on. I've never even seen a lower parts kit in a local gun store. They seem to have adapted to the availability of parts online; though they all sell stripped lowers. Don't even think I've seen barrels for sale very often.

It's what this "list" is used for that ultimately makes me wonder... Who has access to this information? What happens in response to having a list? .... If they do get retailer codes, and flag someone. What does a home visit look like? It's already happening from what I understand.

This will soon be a problem. FedEx will complied a Database, Three tier with ALL FFL's who ship through them. And it will be shared with 3 letter agencies. The government won't know what you have but will know you got shipped parts or accessories or guns . Then they can cross reference the CC company to find out how much money you spent on that transaction. And if some Agent deems it's excessive... Knock , Knock !

18 counts, I won't be surprised if the state piles on as machineguns are highly restricted in Iowa, might not be as strong as the feds think, took a good long time to file the charges. I was guessing he decided to write his own sample letters being a Chief and a manufacturer, can't tell for sure but the false statements thing follows that line, figures he would push it, 90(+10 for Williams) machineguns for a town of 800 :fullauto:. I will be shocked if he hadn't run this past an attorney beforehand, they advertised the first machinegun shoot in the newspaper summer 2018 if I remember correctly, I was always on the road when they hit. Not sure how he has the business set up but they are still rolling, if he loses the case it will be the first time of many attempts on governments part, I'm not counting him out yet.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/dec/15/iowa-police-chief-bradley-wendt-charged-unlawfully/

Just read the indictment, they used a grand jury, it's all about the the requests letters and how the law works there. They knew what he was doing, they turned him down on his application for a mini-gun in 2021 :laffs:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdia/press-release/file/1558036/download

Edited by jtallen83