• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Magazines and Handguards: what are you using?

FOGeologist

Assuming my assembly and testing go OK, I’ll be buying some magazines and thinking about replacing the Guntech 15” handguard with a nicer 13” piece.

What are you using, and why?

My Hexmag requires you yank outward to remove it from the well. It’s like they sized it for a different rifle. My P MAGS seem to be OK - they drop free anyway.

Use lots of 10 & 20 round P-mags. Use one 50-round drum P-mag when I want to really waste some ammo.  All work flawlessly.  Use the WW 13" free floating hand guard on one AR10  https://shop.windhamweaponry.com/product/hgd-ww-1/ .  Have no idea if it will work with your build.  But their stuff plays better with others than most. I like it.  Other gun is a Daniel Defense - very proprietary stuff there.

PMags without so much as a single feed issue. Several 20's a couple 25's for fun, and a couple of 5 rounders for varmints. The rail on my M5 is Aero'd enhanced M-Lok 15". It's girthy but ought to be able to hold a suppressor if I went with a shorter battle rifle type barrel like a 12.5".

• 1 month later...