• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SHOT Show 2012.

Great Idea!!

Beretta ARX .22

http://youtu.be/HJR_pbljDOs

Beretta brings us their new ARX160 rifle chambered in .22 caliber. The ARX has polymer/steel-reinforced receivers, continuing the trend of their CX4 Carbines and PX line of pistols to implement ambidextrous controls to include the mag release and selector switch. The stock is both retractable and side-folding. The ARX also features a MIL STD M1913 full-length rail, and ships with Beretta’s proprietary flip-up sights, which lock down and are sprung to return to the upright position if they sustain an impact. Beretta is gearing up to produce the line in the USA, the major delay in introducing the design to the US market in years past; the best part of the ARX is that Beretta hopes to produce the platform chambered for 5.56mm, and 7.62×59mm (.308 Win). This model is so new that both actual overall weight retail prices were not yet available at the time of this writing, but most significant of the ARX160 is its incredibly lightweight. For more information, visit berettausa.com, or call 800-636-3420

Fresh news straight from the SHOT show in Las Vegas, Geissele will be introducing a rail system for the AR15 platform! Available in the next six to eight weeks and in sizes ranging from 7″ to 15″ it features a large barrel nut which makes for more contact area for the rail system to provide extra rigidity. Keep your eyes here for more info direct from SHOT.

Buddy from work called yesterday from Shot Show....says its unbelievable the amount of new and cool stuff there....and he's not even a gun guy...(his friend makes Protektor brand shooting bags so he gets a low cost vacation to Vegas )....best part is he got me 5 tickets for the Remington M24 sniper rifle raffle.....I'll hafta buy him a coffee on Monday......it's Thursday afternoon and Remington hasn't called me yet..but they will

Post pics of anything that has piqued your interest at this year's SHOT Show. I'll go first. A new entry into the CCW market from Springfield Armory, and in .45ACP no less! I'm digging it:

promopic.jpg

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/springfield-armory-xds/

Almost there, Springfield! 

I wrote them to request an 8-round magazine single-stack XDM, with the 4.5" would be ideal.

I've also said quite often that the XD/XDM platform is begging...just BEGGING...to be chambered in 10mm!

Jon

EOtech Zombie

Every once in a while a manufacturer is intuitive enough about their customer base to know that certain products, though not necessarily more functional, capture the essence of what their patrons love. Available now, the new Zombie holoscope from EOTech is just such a product. While the crisp biohazard reticle may not enhance performance over a traditional reticle, it sure does embody the “cool” factor, and we’re sure a lot of customers will appreciate it. Besides the biohazard reticle, the scope bears the same icon in white atop the scope window hood; powered by a single CR123 battery. Additionally, EOTech unveiled a new magnifier for their scopes. Rather than the old pivoting swing mount, the new 3x MSS1 magnifier utilizes a lengthwise hinge on one side of the Picatinny plane, so that the magnifier may be instantly flipped over to the side, out of the way for the fast acquisition at close quarters for which the EOTechs are famous. The base mounts to the rail via a throw-lever mount. For more information, visit eotech-inc.com, or call 734-741-8868.

post-1-136297272454_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...