• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Your Preference

Tactical Tailor MAV 1 chest rig, I use the SAW-drum pouches for mag containment.  I have a couple MAV 2 rigs, that split in the middle, and fastex-buckle, and they'd work just as well.  For some reason, I always come back to the MAV 1 rig, that you put on like your tactical bra...  The SAW pouch on MY right holds my Kestrel and laser range finder, the SAW pouch on MY left holds the mags.

https://forum.308ar.com/uploads/monthly_2023_03/IMG_1030.JPG.ce8ed0465ae7417eb84ce4e64177d5df.JPG

11 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Tactical Tailor MAV 1 chest rig, I use the SAW-drum pouches for mag containment.  I have a couple MAV 2 rigs, that split in the middle, and fastex-buckle, and they'd work just as well.  For some reason, I always come back to the MAV 1 rig, that you put on like your tactical bra...  The SAW pouch on MY right holds my Kestrel and laser range finder, the SAW pouch on MY left holds the mags.

https://forum.308ar.com/uploads/monthly_2023_03/IMG_1030.JPG.ce8ed0465ae7417eb84ce4e64177d5df.JPG

How many mags can you carry in that set up?  

8 minutes ago, NightStalker said:

How many mags can you carry in that set up?  

6, per SAW pouch.  That one pouch is dedicated to my Kestrel and range finder, though.  So, 6 on the rig, plus the one in the gun - if you don't need that second SAW pouch for anything, then you can roll 12 in the pouches, and the 13th one in the gun.  :thumbup:

This is my "universal" Long Range chest rig - everything in it that I need to shoot distance.  All I do to change it up is decide what I'm shooting that day, and load the appropriate mags in that one pouch. 

Edited by 98Z5V

4 minutes ago, NightStalker said:

Very nice I like that option. I’m partial to the lbs of the 80s and 90s. Wouldn’t mind a mole suspender set up with the saw pouches. 

TT sells the pouches separate.  Hit them up:

https://tacticaltailor.com/

Here's a direct link to the pouch:

https://tacticaltailor.com/fight-light-saw-pouch/

Edited by 98Z5V

I've got a bunch of individual 308 mag pouches that I got from BDS Tactical years ago. Being the standard pals/molle style,you can attach them to a vest, or run them on a belt. Unfortunately, they stopped production on them about 2 years ago. Don't know why.

I've also got a dedicated chest rig (also from BDS Tactical) that has 308 mag pouches sewn into the front. That whole front section is also a kangaroo style pouch right behind them. So you can jam other stuff in there also. The rig also has 2 padded saw style pouches sewn onto either side. So there is additional storage capabilities. It's got a hydration bladder pouch sewn onto the back of it. So it's easiest to put the thing on like a pullover shirt.

I've also got a split front plain chest rig (also from BDS) that uses fastex buckles. It's covered in pals webbing, so you can attach mag pouches anywhere you want on it.

3 hours ago, Rsquared said:

I've got a bunch of individual 308 mag pouches that I got from BDS Tactical years ago. Being the standard pals/molle style,you can attach them to a vest, or run them on a belt. Unfortunately, they stopped production on them about 2 years ago. Don't know why.

I've also got a dedicated chest rig (also from BDS Tactical) that has 308 mag pouches sewn into the front. That whole front section is also a kangaroo style pouch right behind them. So you can jam other stuff in there also. The rig also has 2 padded saw style pouches sewn onto either side. So there is additional storage capabilities. It's got a hydration bladder pouch sewn onto the back of it. So it's easiest to put the thing on like a pullover shirt.

I've also got a split front plain chest rig (also from BDS) that uses fastex buckles. It's covered in pals webbing, so you can attach mag pouches anywhere you want on it.

I’d like to see the chest rig if ya got a pic

Sure thing. I can round up a couple pics. I don't wanna be a tease though. Like I said before, for some reason BDS has severely downsized their product line compared to what they used to sell. I've got all sorts of stuff from them. And their customer service was always great whenever I dealt with them. Plus, all of their stuff is made in America. Granted, California, so it's more like America lite. :lmao:

I think to get their rigs these days, you pretty much just have to get in line and wait. Not that they were ever really fast for civvy shipments. Not you get on an email alert list, and wait for an available production slot. At least that's what their website says.

I'll get some pics though anyway of some of the stuff. I'll be back.

https://www.bdstacticalgear.com/

Edited by Rsquared

But wait....there's more. These are the 308 pouches front and back.

749911394_308MagPouches.thumb.jpg.017ae2d6f65516aecce445fcea55bc09.jpg

That's 6x10 GP pouch above the mag pouches. Those are great utility pouches. Thus the name GP.

Here's the shoulder rig that I usually keep on me when out in the desert at the SDTF.

93285509_ShoulderRig.thumb.jpg.36c5c48965b466fc0f9d2252d12e9e82.jpg

And I keep all of that stuff stowed in a large Gear bag. Is it obvious that I'm a BDS fan-boy? :laffs:

583006750_GearBag.thumb.jpg.fa81cc5c1c94116508e164df412c755e.jpg

Have to find the pictures or wait until I am near the rigs, but a few years ago I took a Molle equipment belt, added a large Molle gear holster for my FNX 45, and four Condor M14 magazine pouches, a first aid kit,  along with a scabbard for my Cold Steel Outdoorsman. I sewed on four heavy D rings on to the belt, and attached a set of padded shoulder straps to help distribute the weight more evenly. All in FDE. It works for me. Also made one for my son once we proved it works. Adding chest rig pouches to it would be pretty easy, as the shoulder harness already has Molle attachments. Haven’t done it yet, so I don’t know how weight distribution would be. I will try to post some pics next week.

2 hours ago, AngelDeVille said:

Make no mistake, if the shtf I’m not humping a fucking ar10.

but I have an Alice belt with I think condor pouches and a shoulder strap pouch that used to have some kinda fal mags in it.

787468-E2-92-F8-4920-B82-C-114-D87-C1595

I’m humping an AR10 for everything. I have more confidence in the 308 over the 556 or Grendel and ammo is available. Just looking for a way to carry mags