• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Magpul UBR stock

macguyver

I did a search and this stock was mentioned a couple times, but never specifically answered. I want to put the UBR stock on my DPMS AP4, is the buffer tube it comes with compatible with the .308 system, or do i need another. Will the buffer tube that came eith the rifle suffice? anyone ever use this stock on a simliar rifle? thanks a bunch guys, pics coming soon, i know it dosent happen without them.

The Magpul UBR stock is a complete package. The only thing you need to add is an appropriate length spring and buffer.

.308 Carbine Buffer Spring

.308 Carbine Buffer Assembly

Sorry, I know they are both out of stock. If you are just changing from one carbine stock to a UBR, you should have no issue using the same spring and buffer again.

I saw a torture test on several different brands/types of collapsing stocks that was done by some members on another forum. I think that the test consisted of dropping each stock (mounted on an AR 15) on to a concrete floor, from a height of 6 feet, and seeing how many times they could do it before the locking mechanisim failed. I don't know if this duplicates anything that you might ever expect to happen to your stock, but not surprisingly, many failed on the first drop, some made it 5 or 6, but if I recall correctly, the only collapsing stock that did not fail was the UBR. It certainly is heavier than the CTR/MOE/etc. stocks, but it's apparently demonstratively stronger than the others as well. Only you can decide if that extra strength is worth the extra weight.

Magpul recommends Slash's buffer for the UBR with a 308. I believe he is a member and sponsor here. Not cheap but it works as advertised.

Correct on all counts.  Look no further if you want the BEST parts for your .308 AR.

In stock at Brownell's:

Buffer - www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=44697/Product/AR10-308AR-CAR-10-BUFFER

Spring - www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=44698/sku=100007354/Product/MODIFIED-AR10-BUFFER-SPRING

And always available at www.heavybuffers.com

• 2 weeks later...

Correct on all counts.  Look no further if you want the BEST parts for your .308 AR.

In stock at Brownell's:

Buffer - www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=44697/Product/AR10-308AR-CAR-10-BUFFER

Spring - www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=44698/sku=100007354/Product/MODIFIED-AR10-BUFFER-SPRING

And always available at www.heavybuffers.com

This, so that's what I did, I want my ish to work. So I hope you're right because it IZZZZ

expensive!!

• 2 months later...