• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Darwin... He's outta work...

98Z5V

Darwin can't "naturally select" anymore, because...   Technology.

All the developments are good, don't get me wrong.  Natural Selection is gone anymore these days.  The stupid need to be thinned from the herd, in the long run, for the good of the herd. 

We're beyond that now, though.  I can't bless cops enough, for what they have to put up with in this world, these days, but damn...   Let the dumbasses go already...

Witness this one...

In Vancouver where some genius thought providing a place for junkies to shoot up without being arrested etc was a good idea. All this did was have all the junkies gather in one area( lots of junkies from other parts of Canada to). Paramedics are being run off their feet, in some cases junkies being brought back twice in a 24 hr period. There is a shortage of paramedics in BC and these junkies are tying up services. 

1 hour ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

In Vancouver where some genius thought providing a place for junkies to shoot up without being arrested etc was a good idea. All this did was have all the junkies gather in one area( lots of junkies from other parts of Canada to). Paramedics are being run off their feet, in some cases junkies being brought back twice in a 24 hr period. There is a shortage of paramedics in BC and these junkies are tying up services. 

Sounds like most of the Blue Run Cities here down south of you, brother.  Liberals and Feelings...  

3 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Sounds like most of the Blue Run Cities here down south of you, brother.  Liberals and Feelings...  

Pretty much so far from Jan 1 - Jul 1 there have been 1455 OD deaths in BC but there is also a lot of money to be made by groups that cater to supporting these people. Groups receive federal,provincial and municiple money along with corporate sponsership. Actually solving the problem will kill the cash cow.

It's been 20 years since first legal safe injection site that the 'experts' said was needed to solve the drug issue. Well not only has it not solved it its made it worse with a higher concentration of junkies, attracted junkies from other parts of Canada, increase in all sorts of crime including random stranger attacks.

1 hour ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

It's been 20 years since first legal safe injection site that the 'experts' said was needed to solve the drug issue. Well not only has it not solved it its made it worse with a higher concentration of junkies, attracted junkies from other parts of Canada, increase in all sorts of crime including random stranger attacks.

Same here, and it'll get much worse.  I think Las Vegas will be the next giant (cash cow) city to fall, because of these policies.  San Francisco is a literal shiithole wasteland.  Portland and Seattle are completely fukced.  Cities all across the east coast are the same way - Philly and all over.

It's the lib policies that are doing it.  No other way around that...  

On 10/25/2023 at 8:39 PM, sketch said:

I wonder if my cpr training next month will show this vid?? If not I may bring it to light. The last 2 have been od. I'm not putting my mouth that close , and gloves get put on first. Respect to the officer! 

I'm sure he didn't do mouth to mouth Sketch. When I retired 20+ years ago we had already gotten away from doing that. We either had ambu bags or a mouth piece that kept us from mouth to mouth contact and prevented any vomit from getting into our mouths.

On 10/24/2023 at 11:26 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

First two times in Vancouver in the 80’s I fell in love with that town. It was cheap, had great food, beautiful women, and great night life. And Whistler was 2 hours away. Went back in 2004 and was shocked at the transition. Homeless Sleeping on the streets, open drug use, and a lot of sketchy people out and about. It’s like it got infected from U.S. cities. It was still nice, but frayed around the edges. And no longer cheap. Remember Robson Street and “A Kettle of Fish” restaurant. And the Granville Market and the Gaslight district.

Edited by Sisco

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

Went back in 2004

Funny you mention that year - that's the year I left Fort Lewis, WA.  Tacoma.  Got there in 1992, and the PNW was heaven.  12 years of my life, and I watched WA go downhill (the whole area, the whole PNW, which in part, is BC, too.  Same mentalities ripped right up our West Coast, and kept going up into Canada...) 

It was all political, all geared towards taking care of people that DO NOT take care of themselves, in the first place.  Handouts.  Gradually, over the 12 years I lived there.  Give those that don't give one shiit - More.  MAKE them less productive, that way.  MAKE them take advantage of your free handouts...  MAKE more of them move there...  for free shiit that you advertise.

100% political.  LEFT political, in case I wasn't clear on those policies...

When I left there was a good time to leave.  I'd have 24-hr Staff Duty at the unit, and run out for a coffee to the 7-11 in Tillicum (directly out the Madigan Gate of Ft Lewis) at 3 am, and I'd go in there intentionally mean-mugging the gang-bangers.  I'm here for coffee - YOU make your choice, right now, or walk away.  Absolutely horrible situation, all around - can't imagine it as a civilian, living there.  The gang-bangers knew - you don't fuk with someone in uniform.  It wasn't because they respected the uniform, at all.  They just knew that 1st Special Forces Group was there, and 2d Ranger Bn was there - and we're all dressed the same, all soldiers.  They didn't wanna take that chance on fukking with someone in uniform - didn't know what they'd get, if they started shiit.  You might get to mug a Soldier - you, and all your friends might get your ass handed to you, phone calls made, and you might end up getting your entire city gang-banger block wiped out for your stupid decisions.  They just weren't willing to take that chance.  The bangers in the area learned from Hilltop. 

I didn't sell my house there until June 2007...  I always wanted to move back there, out of the Army.  I watched everything from the time I left in Feb 2004, up to 2007, and realized I could never go back to a place like that, and live there, ever again.  Fuk it -sold the house.

Breaks my heart, because that area is SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL...   But I'll never live there again.  Not while these current policies dictate what they do...   Nope.

18 hours ago, sketch said:

I'm not dictated to the point of giving up.  But I'm an old soul. Anywhere can be toxic these days. I'm glad I've found friends in the world that can make it work. 308#

Always here for you, brother, no matter what.  I keep a good shovel, so...   Yeah.  You know the rest.