• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Silencer Central Banish 30 for AR308 rifle

Zombie Thumper

I have an off the shelf Remington GEN II 308 (and several other 308's like Smith&Wesson, REM R25, RockRiver)..I purchased a Silencer Central Banish 30 and have had very poor results..I guess the problem is to much back pressure..So can you put a Banish 30 on an AR308 ?..Or does the gun need some other kind of Gas System to operate properly ?..For now I put the silencer on my new Bolt Action 6.5 Creedmore for deer season but I really would like to hunt with my AR308 rifles..

I was looking at one of those earlier this week.  I thought it might be good to use on both a threaded bolt action .308 and on my AR308s.  They were having a BOGO sale, which made it very tempting.  The reviews were extremely positive on multiple sights.  But, now I'm glad I didn't figuratively pull the trigger.  I am  currently waiting on a stamp for a Banish .22 so I don't  bother the neighbors as much when shooting groundhogs, squirrels and other varmints.  Hoping that works well.

All the exhaust gases come back into the action & chamber and foul the gun..I didn't shoot that much but after a few sessions the gun would not cycle properly..

Even the ammo in the Mag got fouled & corroded..I don't have to have a silencer to hunt on my farm but there's an old Hermit's house on the property line and I just want to be as quiet as possible.. 

On 11/11/2023 at 7:27 PM, Zombie Thumper said:

All the exhaust gases come back into the action & chamber and foul the gun..I didn't shoot that much but after a few sessions the gun would not cycle properly..

Even the ammo in the Mag got fouled & corroded..I don't have to have a silencer to hunt on my farm but there's an old Hermit's house on the property line and I just want to be as quiet as possible.. 

What you describe happens with ALL suppressors, it's the nature of the beast.

• 3 months later...
On 11/10/2023 at 2:26 PM, Zombie Thumper said:

I have an off the shelf Remington GEN II 308 (and several other 308's like Smith&Wesson, REM R25, RockRiver)..I purchased a Silencer Central Banish 30 and have had very poor results..I guess the problem is to much back pressure..So can you put a Banish 30 on an AR308 ?..Or does the gun need some other kind of Gas System to operate properly ?..For now I put the silencer on my new Bolt Action 6.5 Creedmore for deer season but I really would like to hunt with my AR308 rifles..

Sorry for the late reply, I run the banish 300 gold on my .308AR (adjustable gas block) .556 and my ARAK21 (adjustable gas block) and they all have ran flawlessly, of course with the proper care and cleaning 

19 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

#metoo

^^^   I remember cleaning this guy's MA-TEN Nickel Boron BCG for the first time it was ever cleaned.  I didn't know the damn thing was nickel boron!  After about 20 minutes with the hammer and chisel, just to get the big chunks off, and soaking it, it started to show some color that wasn't black...   :lmao:

On 2/20/2024 at 9:08 PM, 98Z5V said:

^^^   I remember cleaning this guy's MA-TEN Nickel Boron BCG for the first time it was ever cleaned.  I didn't know the damn thing was nickel boron!  After about 20 minutes with the hammer and chisel, just to get the big chunks off, and soaking it, it started to show some color that wasn't black...   😂:lmao:

I've never seen Tom so happy, he was swinging his pickaxe and singing something about born a coal miner's daughter. It was a beautiful sight to behold. 😂

So, cleaning issues aside... How does the Banish 30 actually do at quieting down a .308?  Does it get it down to what ya'll would consider safe w/o hearing protection?  Mainly interested for hunting purposes and for the nerves of my more shell-shocked pup.