• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Zumabob JD Machine Build

zumabob1957

Hello No Fail,

The going back to battery is a separate thing... when it cycles it does so just fine, it was just the first day when I didn't have the right Allen Key to adjust the gas and the one other day after about 40 rounds as indicated that I didn't get it coming back far enough to pick up a new round. Yesterday was another 50 rounds and no issues. (and one guy came over and asked if his wife could try it.... when I was packing up they came back again and he said she wants one...  :)  She said, "well my7 B'day  is in November, Christmas in December and Anniversary in January... maybe a combined occasion gift?" and looked sheepishly at her husband... I think I have had about 10 people take 3 shots each with it so far.)

The rifle appears to be running great now, but I will keep you posted.

The not going back into battery was something I noticed the first day we were out when the cases would eject but not enough gas to pick up another round. If I pulled to cock and let go... no problem it was loading just fine, it was when I was easing a couple of rounds in to see what would happen and it hung up out of battery (which it will without a round too if you gently ease the handle in... at least with my spring system and buffer system it does). if it has its inertia from full free spring travel I have never had an issue of out of battery... you have to force it to do that. I was habitually checking at first that it is in place and in my case the JP bolt carrier system and JD Machine extractor port line up perfectly so I can easily see if there is any problem. Now I just pop away without checking each round.

What seems to be happening too is that it is starting to loosen up a bit become freer or smoother in action so I think it will get better in time yet.

Ohhhhhhhh!!!!  ;D

WOW i see the light now, awesome brother!! Hey that guy better get her one if he knows what's good for him.

So where abouts is your gas block adjusted now? Yours probably acts different though because you are 6.5 Creedmore?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andreas6.5ar and NoFail, you guys are ahead of me. Im not quite there yet.

Dropped off my upper, barrel, suppressor and 12" quad rail to the Sacramento guy to put together and test fire. So maybe next weekend I well have caught up to you guys. Bought a case of 168gr. to be ready to use if the 147gr and 150gr isnt cycling.

Sal talked me into trading my high rise gas block for a low profile one and using a 12" quad rail. It is a no brainer. Im glad that I brought the whole build to the show to get good advise.

Thanks  Bob

Bob, my brother you are well ahead of me now it seems. I still have no upper receiver or bolt & barrel. All on back order still. hopefully just a few more weeks out  <dontknow>

In any case I'm looking forward to your finale & range reports, AND PICS I love the pics of everyone's fine rifles please!!!  <thumbsup>

Bob, my brother you are well ahead of me now it seems. I still have no upper receiver or bolt & barrel. All on back order still. hopefully just a few more weeks out  <dontknow>

In any case I'm looking forward to your finale & range reports, AND PICS I love the pics of everyone's fine rifles please!!!  <thumbsup>

But at least JP just shipped out my Barrel & Bolt today  <lmao>  UPS email confirmation delivery date Friday 3/9/2012  :)

Is this a secret upper your wife doesn't know about about. Yeah i know what you mean though, this is her time. Oh Man, you have to sneak away for a little while, but how? I'm lucky, my wife's Bday is coming and she wants a 38 Special  ;D

YES I WANT THOSE PICTURES BOB!!!  <thumbsup>

Take her with you. Say its the Art and Garden Expo and when you get there be like 'Oh man must have changed the dates, oh well we paid for parking and bought non-refundable tickets, lets take a peek.'

Oh well I dont have this problem as the girl lets me do whatever and shes also into shooting of weapons. She wanted to go with me to the last gun show but my buddy and I were going and I didnt want the female influence if the time caem where I just had to buy something I couldnt afford.

JDM was at the Sacramento gun show last week. They were telling people about CalGuns.net.... I tried to drop our site on them... I need a 308AR.com hat or t-shirt!!!

My wife has been bugging me for a new Browning Citori in 20ga, and a Colt 1908 25ACP. She is my companion to every Gun Show within 200 miles.

Big Reno Show coming in April 6-8 <thumbsup>

Reno??? Guys let's meet in Reno I wanna go, in fact I will go.

About calguns.net, a guy just started up a Mega Arms group buy over there. Anything Mega. Can find thread in the rifles forum and supposed to be in the commercial formum today. Hmmm I'll go bring the link here in a few minutes.

Here's that link if interested

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=543707

Dude jusT PM'd me over there with complete group buy price list

So for instance I could get a

MEGA MONOLITHIC UPPER RIFLE-LENGTH (SINGLE-RAIL) HARD ANODIZING - $REMOVED for AR15

Or a MATEN UPPER AND LOWER SET- BLACK HARD ANODIZING - $REMOVED

I guess I could always tell her the Devil made me do it? How about Barrack Obama? Would you believe 3 gay commies in a bath house?

Out of respect for the group buy dealers, and their rules, I edited your above post.

If anyone is interested in a group buy for Mega Arms, they can persue the information on their own by clicking your link.

We also have a Mega Arms group buy HERE. Dave Branson is a Mega Arms Master Dealer, and long time supporter of 308ar.com

Yes he is but........ I thought I lived in America  <dontknow>

Some firearm forums dont allow any external links let alone links to competitors of advertisers or other forums. We arent like that in fact I let most stuff fly. In the case of the Mega stuff though as pointed out earlier Mega is represented here by Dave Branson and we encourage folks to use him when possible. 

Dont feel like your getting hassled or anything, thats not the case. all things being equal we want to support those that support this site.

Lastly  keep in mind Mega doesnt want to see the group prices listed publicly.

Now go back to figuring out how your going to explain the monolithic or MA-TEN to the wife.

"It's not mine Im holding it for a friend" works for me.

Yes he is but........ I thought I lived in America  <dontknow>

you can freely shop anywhere you please. you can recommend others to shop anywhere they please.

our site supporters help to keep this site going as well as offer us excellent opportunities to exercise our right as americans to comparative shop for what we wish to purchase, sometimes at a great discount from retail. if you choose not to buy from them that is fine. it is your decision.

the fact that dave offers the group buy at a great price, that's good. the fact that dave is a good person, who may also be willing to try to help you out, shoot the shit, ect… sealed the deal for me personally. it was enough for me, you may do it differently.

Well thanks for forgoing the firing squad I like this place very much. Just so you know I have been emailing with Dave a lot lately, well that's my business but it's not like I am trying to dis Dave. I plan on getting a GTR-3H lower from Dave as soon as I can get away with it, which should be pretty soon it's a great price from Dave for that fine Mega product. Well I didn't mean to start any poop. I like to share opportunities with like minded people. And the JDM forum is kind of obscure so I thought no harm, thought wrong I guess. Ok water under the bridge.

I was unaware  that there are rules here. Is it cool to talk prices and things like that. NoFail its cool about the thread thing. I have enjoyed your comments and opinions.

By the way my wife is cool about picking up the upper. We are renting bikes and riding to the gun show. She even agreed to carry the cases of amo while I safely carry and protect the upper.

We all have to get along and support are state local gun suppliers and  manufacturers (CAlifornia). I got frustrated with JDM but they have great products, they are California and they are nice people. Keep buying those lowers. I am buying a few of each 223 and 308 lowers.

I didn't mean for things to blow up like that. I don't care where you choose to buy your toys. I just don't want one oops to blow it for a dealer. Mega Arms has stated that the prices are not to be posted publicly. If we break that rule then we risk Mega stopping this deal.

To jump on the bandwagon... Dave Bransen is one hellofa guy. I have bought several pieces from him. I have seriously started thinking about do a small side business building for LEO buddies. Dave would be my go to guy for nearly everything.