• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Remember that new CZ I bought? Yea it be broked.

Guest LLArms

Guest LLArms

Ok so just got off the phone with CZ USA...

Let me start by saying that the only obligation CZ owes to me is a working pistol via warranty - with that said I will say the guy on the other end of the phone was lack-luster and pretty much indifferent to the situation.

I know a lot of people like to embellish these conversations, but this is how it went as best I can remember:

CZ Rep: Hello this is xxx.

TITAN308: Yes, good afternoon. My name is xxx and I purchased a P-07 Duty 9MM one week ago from a large retail store. I took it out to the range this past Saturday and around 60-70 rounds my double action no longer functions at all and about 25% of the time the trigger is not resetting in single action and I have to push the trigger forward.

CZ Rep: Ok, we can fix that. Its under warranty.

*Awkward silence for a few seconds*

TITAN308: Well, this is a brand new pistol are going you going to send a prepaid box out?

CZ Rep: Prepaid postage, yes - we don't send boxes.

TITAN308: Sorry I meant prepaid postage.

*Awkward silence for a few seconds*

TITAN308: Uh - ok - well I am at work and don't have my serial number on me, I guess I need to call back when I have it yea?

CZ Rep: Yes call back when you have the serial number and we will send out the prepaid postage.

TITAN308: Well ok, thank you for your time.

--- End Phone Conversation. ---

Completely monotone.

Completely uncaring. No rapport, no empathy. Just robotic.

No, "I am sorry that happened to you."

No, "That is completely unacceptable for a brand new CZ pistol."

No effort what so ever to re-enforce the CZ USA product quality.

I am not impressed. I probably will not be purchasing another CZ pistol after this one. I don't know if I even want to keep it, if they fix it I was given no re-enforcement it will not happen again, etc etc.

I don't demand free swag, no free magazines, what I would have at least expected was some sort of conversation involving apologies and acknowledgment this is not the regular quality CZ displays.

Guest LLArms

Well for all I know my pistol will go out and come back in a week and work flawlessly.

I just don't know if I want to carry a weapon when their reps seem to go, "Meh..." when they hear it had a catastrophic failure out the box.

Really sorry to hear about your experience with cz.  I think I would rather carry a bat at least you would have more reach when you have to swing it.  If it was me I would sell it and buy something else especially if it is an everyday carry gun.

Guest LLArms

I try not to, but I won't lie - getting dragged through the mud is tolerable up to a point. Especially when the name is tied to my project.  If it was just some random JoeBloe1234 username I wouldn't care.

But do not to hide behind multiple identities. Apparently that is a tactical mistake on my part.  <dontknow> <laughs>

Guest LLArms
Apology to LLARMS30813

Posted on April 25, 2012 by Robert Farago

As publisher of The Truth About Guns, I apologize to LLARMS30813 for labeling him our Irresponsible Gun Owner of the Day. This was an unfair characterization based on my misinterpretation of his YouTube video. I regret the post and will take more care in the future when analyzing material for this category. To maintain the integrity of this apology I have closed the comments section underneath this post. If any reader wants to comment on my decision, please do so via email: guntruth@me.com.

I applaud Robert for manning up to his mistake and honoring his word.

He did not have to do this - but he did so to keep integrity and this is good.

• 2 weeks later...