• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

I like the menue brother,wife will get button mushrooms take out the stem and fill : using chorizo,onions,mushroom stems diced,garlic bagel chips smashed to crumbs,tablespoon of ketchup.Mixedup put in mushroom and top with a piece of cheese.The chorizo is cooked ahead of time and drained on paper towels.Baked on cookie sheet for about 15 min.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the menue brother,wife will get button mushrooms take out the stem and fill : using chorizo,onions,mushroom stems diced,garlic bagel chips smashed to crumbs,tablespoon of ketchup.Mixedup put in mushroom and top with a piece of cheese.The chorizo is cooked ahead of time and drained on paper towels.Baked on cookie sheet for about 15 min.

Brother there is nothing better than homemade chorizo. Read your recipe and started drooling.

Yesterday was pork butt on the GM.....butt was 10 lbs natural...no injected sodium or any crap...thin nice fat cap...injected with apple/mango juice right before grill time

rubbed it down Friday nite and instead of using my go to yellow mustard went with two tablespoons of vegatable oil...then the rubs

fired up the smoke daddy with cherrywood and hickory chips that were soaked nite before...got the GM to 275, butt right on the grill

smoked the tar out of it for four hours....internal 165 right at the stall...it had a great bark...so then lifted the butt to a rack and put a pan of apple/mango juice underneath...then foiled it and pulled it off at 196 that took four hours....then put it in a beer cooler for an hour

Char made her majic tater salad and cole slaw....time to rumble  :) Wash

IMG_1201_zps0b24a928.jpg

IMG_1203_zps4ae39f02.jpg

IMG_1204_zpscf5bf8eb.jpg

IMG_1205_zps5d6bb9e9.jpg

IMG_1207_zpsac668203.jpg

Thanks brother......injection was good.....you really dont taste any apple or mango...just gives it moisture

what ive found out....its all in the meat when you buy it...kinda a crapshoot.....this shoulder was a natural one......shoulder blade just slid on out....burnt ends were awesome :) Wash

Brisket tomorrow....the start ...rule #1 be friends with your butcher

We wanted to do brisket point tomorrow so go to the grocery store lookin for a brisket point...they had none, and my butcher shop doesnt sell just points...so the butcher at the grocery store was there.....he's a nice guy he's cut some steaks for me...so i asked him if he had any packers in the back and would he cut off the point for me?  no problemo he tells me...come on back in the freezer area and pick a packer out

so i did and he whacks off the point and trims it up real nice ....im jonesing to use this Black Ops rub...so here goes prep...geez this rub smells awesome !   :)  Wash

20140719_214144_zpsqkxaktu0.jpg

20140719_214124_zpspc6xcvkc.jpg

20140719_214611_zpsnn7spt2k.jpg

20140719_214508_zpsmcmvclgz.jpg

rubbed down and in the fridge

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic