Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn that is lean looks like loin?!? How was it jucy?

Well crap I dunno what it was....the pkg said shoulder...maybe it was a ham?

it was lean and tasty,but juicy...nope if i hadnt barded it with the bacon it would have been dry

im thinkin since it was a wild hog it didnt have enough growth hormones and antibiotics in it

to be fatty and juicy :) Wash

I mean just buy the grain and fat content.

Think it has to do more with that the wild ones are running around and burning that fat off, the farm raised one I just got is hormon free and still fatty. Wild ones ain't got time to stand around and get fat.

Try that chipotle powder yet??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Smoked a beef rib roast yesterday I've had in the freezer awhile, it turned out pretty good rubbed with oil and Montreal steak seasoning smoked it with hickory, had good flavor but somthing was off about the smoke recipe I found said smoke the whole time with cherry (place up the road uses hickory so I used that) cooked till 125* internal and wrapped and put in cooler a few hours as it got done a lot faster than I thought

2802A33A-A7B7-44CD-AA82-796FECFE5F17_zps

1F41DD21-5FB5-401A-9C1B-3B4FD9B83A0C_zps

6CEFE96F-5D5B-40E4-BCFE-3641ECF59751_zps

Edited by shepp

Looks good Shepp, Ever try brining a beef roast, or at least using salt water to season it? Gives a completely different taste than just rubbing it with salt and seasonings. I brined some T-Bones today, and rubbed them down with raw garlic. Gonna put them on in three hours.

Edited by Sisco

Shepp dont get hung up on the wood.....hickory rocks for everything but fish

ill bet you its that damn Montreal seasoning....I used to use it for grilling,but it just didnt taste right for me.,.What in the hell does anyone in Montreal know bout  grilling or smoking? lol....hickory for beef is awesome !    :) Wash

Shepp dont get hung up on the wood.....hickory rocks for everything but fish

ill bet you its that damn Montreal seasoning....I used to use it for grilling,but it just didnt taste right for me.,.What in the hell does anyone in Montreal know bout  grilling or smoking? lol....hickory for beef is awesome !    :) Wash

Good point, when I first tried it, I liked Montreal Seasoning, but I use it less and less. Dried garlic is one of the ingredients, and I have gotten into using fresh instead, and rubbing the meat down with it with a little olive oil.

• 1 month later...

So, its a lil cold for smoking....so how bout some "Shrimp and Grits"

get some good stone ground grits add cheese white pepper and heavy creampost-11787-0-90402600-1421287605_thumb.j

get that boilng and reducing then get some sausage fried up
post-11787-0-62724300-1421287770_thumb.jpost-11787-0-51730300-1421287800_thumb.j

dust up some raw shrimp with emerils essence that you put together
post-11787-0-10098300-1421287886_thumb.j
fry it up
dice onions and red and green bell peppers saute add chicken stock and simmer then add heavy cream and reduce
then add back sausage and shrimp
serve over grits .....so after 3 hours of cookin sit down and enjoy !
:) Wash

post-11787-0-28453400-1421288114_thumb.jpost-11787-0-28453400-1421288114_thumb.j

post-11787-0-31472000-1421288235_thumb.j

post-11787-0-98827000-1421288396_thumb.j

Edited by washguy

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic