imschur

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sheit, and  I thought pork lips was nasty!....And what ethnic grouping would you be? surely not Irish or Scot. Was that store where you got those assholes from in America? 

I can see it now:  Tender Noodles with lightly braised Swine assholes with sauteed buggers and honkers. ......Cook them in Cat piss.

Edited by mrmackc
nasty yukkkie crap

Sheit, and  I thought pork lips was nasty!....And what ethnic grouping would you be? surely not Irish or Scot. Was that store where you got those assholes from in America? 

I can see it now:  Tender Noodles with lightly braised Swine assholes with sauteed buggers and honkers. ......Cook them in Cat piss.

Not sure but I'm leaning towards Hispanic.

Around here they cook and eat (among other things) "tirpas de leche", the linings from inside the udder.

your jokes old tho ;)

post-13525-0-87468700-1403646330_thumb.j    What bout the poor SOB that spent all day at work cutting out those rectums and packaging them?   He comes home tells the lil lady that he did such a good job the boss gave him a pound of rectums ...so he asks her... should he add em to the crock pot she's got going?       Wash

post-13525-0-87468700-1403646330_thumb.j    What bout the poor SOB that spent all day at work cutting out those rectums and packaging them?   He comes home tells the lil lady that he did such a good job the boss gave him a pound of rectums ...so he asks her... should he add em to the crock pot she's got going?       Wash

wrote on the box merry Christmas assholes

Wife bought some patio furniture to assemble first. Then there was a little work to get this bastard together. 3 burner on one side, charcoal and fire box on the other. Extra 12000 burner off the side for whatever else comes along...never used that side burner on any grill I've owned before. I'll find something to do with it I guess.

post-11192-0-51713200-1436764355_thumb.j

post-11192-0-43510500-1436764381_thumb.j

Now, I need some help. Propper thermometers, right way to get her seasoned....quick tips for the beginner. Hoping to take a stab at some smoking next weekend.

ok. It's been half a year already and nothing got smoked. After a buddy brought his pellet grill to the dunes for thanksgiving and cooked two lovely meals for us with very little effort...I wanted one. Got one tonight(we'll say it's from Santa). Gotta set this bastard up tomorrow and go get some meat!

image.jpg

here is the one I got this week, it is almost idenitical to the old Brinkman I have used for 30 years, they don't make the Brinkman electric smoker without the side door anymore. I load it up with mesquite or hickory chips in the metal pan directly on top of the burner element ,, a water-drip pan above the chips and two cooking racks with the tight fitting lid with a thermometer  on top, turn it on and set the variable heat dial and after a set amount of time ,turn it off and take out perfectly smoked food.  I do turkeys, hams, and briskets, and baby-back ribs, chickens and salmon fillets

It is a good cheap cooker.

Old Smokey Electric Smoker

Edited by mrmackc

Dad picked up a ham at Sam's club but it was more like a big steak. It was about 18" long, 8" wide and 2-3" thick. It was already smoked so he put a light smoke on it reheating it in the smoker, damn that was tasty. 

Also so my aunt made collard greens, my first time ever eatting them and they were awesome!!

rene the taco truck makes their pork tacos with tripe in them, it's not bad mixed in.

DNP you will love the pellet grill...get that badboy setup and burned in.....holler if you need info....that model should have an internal temp probe im sure...maybe not remote view?

but theres a ton of internal temp probes that are remote so you can see the temp from indoors......I like pecan pellets after several years of using other hardwoods...... Ive got a pork butt smokin right now.....Wash

Wash, sounds like you got up off your morphine numbed butt and are taking your anger out on a poor little piggy butt and not Bambi's daddy?

Bon appetite' 

Yes I did.....nothing like pulled pork smoked during 4 tornadoes tonite...sheesh!   Im worried bout some of the brothers near me where the tornadoes hit...hope that they are all okay! Tornadoes in December frickin crazy!

lil 5 lb shoulder smoked for 7.5 hours at 250 degrees until 200 internal with pecan wood....had to move the smoker under the patio while it was smokin to avoid serious wind and rain....seems like everything tastes better when your home is still standing.....geez... prayers for the ones around us that got hit   Wash

20151226_193700.jpg

20151226_194247.jpg

IMG_1715.JPG

Well, we got home later than I wanted to, so all that got cooked in it tonight was about 1.5 lbs of thick cut bacon.  All that survived was a few pieces my wife is dragging to work with her tomorrow. The rest just magically disappeared when I brought it in the house. Even the dog was all over it.   Going to throw a chicken on tomorrow night when I get home. Trying to decide what I'm going to burn on the 1st....so many choices. 

Checking out the recommended thermometers from before. Will order one up ASAP. 

Edited by DNP

Do my whole chicken....beer can style or not

Put a rub on spray a lil pam over rub if you wish...... 325 degrees  bout an hour and a half.... temp probe in breast looking for 165 degrees internal.... smokin good

The best thing you can do is go to oakridge bbq rubs and get their rubs.....late right now uk tell you the ones to get tomorrow

Wash

Well, we got home later than I wanted to, so all that got cooked in it tonight was about 1.5 lbs of thick cut bacon.  All that survived was a few pieces my wife is dragging to work with her tomorrow. The rest just magically disappeared when I brought it in the house. Even the dog was all over it.   Going to throw a chicken on tomorrow night when I get home. Trying to decide what I'm going to burn on the 1st....so many choices. 

Checking out the recommended thermometers from before. Will order one up ASAP. 

I got one like this, mine was about the same price but not as fancy http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment_reviews_ratings/thermometers/maverick-et-733-redi-check

as for the chicken I cube an apple, a orange and a half onion, a few cloves of garlic, some tyme and sage and I put it in a bowl and toss it in olive oil and loosely stuff the bird with it, then I rub the bird down with olive oil and dust with pepper, salt and chipotle powder. Any extra stuffing I put in the water pan, with water and a splash of apple juice 

Cook indirect heat at 375 till white meat hits 160 (about 45 min) remove and let temp of meat rise to 165. It says to start breast down then flip at 140 but I usually just skip that. 

Edited by shepp

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic