• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Me unemployed 5/18/12

NoFail

Prayin for you brother,lookin for work sucks been there.Lost a month started with a new contractor last week will see how long this goes <dontknow>.Worked with a crane today over 100* heavy poop,drank all my water was burning up just about at the edge [from falling out]sucking air like a big dog.I carry my own water no one can say that I drag,even for an old dog.Should've been born rich instead of handsome :o <lmao> it's a curse. <laughs>

NoFail, good luck to you, man - hope you land it.  <thumbsup>

Should've been born rich instead of handsome :o <lmao> it's a curse. <laughs>

Only Rene...  something like this could only come from Rene...  <laughs> <lmao>

Hey thanks you guys... I care about you guys, it's like family here now, the Internet is a good thing when used properly and without malice. I live a lot of my recent life here in this little web site and find happiness in it, it's because of ya'all.

unforgiven, brother, you are a better & stronger man than I. Really, I would have quit or died, one of the two. Been working in air-conditioned modern buildings for years in the Silicon Valley. I don't know that I can handle an outdoor environment on a freaking hot day or a friggen cold one. I'm fifty and don't wanna find out anytime soon.

Brother 6132Expert, God has a plan for you as does he all. We might not like it a lot of the time but its his plan. Don't give up faith, brother!!!

Brother NoFail you are to kind I am not better than anyone else,especially when it comes to a VET.I hate to sound like a female cat cause there are alot of great people out there just asking for a chance at an opportuneity to work and show off there invaluble skills and they are victims of circumstance..Polio has left me with skeletel issues with one foot longer than another and one leg slightly longer than another.So I got to lift more and do more just to prove to others I can.Many don't realize that the simple act of walking is a fluid motion and any hitch in your giddyup will throw your entire body out of wack.Like a race car missing wheel weights on one wheel eventually the car will fall apart.6132 love you bro hope you get the shot you deserve.I've been lucky first found a doctor to give me the abilty to walk as a kid,then a doc to replace my knee's for a SECOND shot at walking,I put one foot in front of the other and will go till I can't go anymore.I'm just lucky,VET'S should always come first period.

unforgiven, I love you.... I have lived a comfortable life here. Grew up with father who had a good business, never had to want for anything, always in good health. Still I feel as well as years ago, if this is 50 bring on 60,'I mean I fell good, could drop dead tomorrow but I'll feel good doing it. So you see, I have not your experience. I am spoiled and I am California. We out here, we are spoiled, stupid and ignorant, with exception to folk like Robocop. Just look at the state of this state, didn't happen because people here are smart. Idiots here vote in ish loads of commies and wonder why we so fkd up...

Used to be a great state.... But anyway, you have dealt with your hand admirably, my brother, your character is impregnable. I have been given gifts in my life, lots of them, and squandered, not invested them. I am from California... Red Stripe beer is my goto beer by the way

Thanks Matt.Cross!!! Yeah I'm gonna go for it tomorrow, this one is up my alley. I hope our personalities mesh like syrup on pancakes tomorrow. I've been okay, for now, otherwise. Have a backlog of cash-on-hand if I need it, but I don't want to need it.

This site is the best site I have ever been on. You guys here are great guys and without ever meeting anyone ( yet ) I feel a good connection with many here. I want to make it clear I am a VET but I DO NOT feel like I am owed anything. What kills me is when I see fuckin crackheads or know illegal emigrant leaving a job site or a nice place of employment. I think how in the hell has this country gone so wrong so quick?

What I have seen is bosses don't want a strong skilled person they want someone that gonna suck there ass.I am not that way cause I have skills and call it the way I see it and these cheese dicks don't like that.The laziest ,dumbest guys [young] want to be the boss and have everyone running around like chickens with there heads cut off its bullpoopy.Probably another reason why I have lost time.6132 you aren't owed,but you DESERVE an opportunity brother.Just ask these bedwetters what have they done for thier country.Rene

• 2 weeks later...

Took me long enough to report back here... I talked to 5 different people that day. Seems like a decent place to work. They make these little blood testing machines that are portable. I don't have a feeling one way or the other. My resume is good enough, one guy said I was first they they interviewed. I am rusty at interviewing because I had not done any in years. Last guy I talked to, who was an upper mgmt guy, said he is also gonna hire new engineering mgr in few weeks and said he would like to have me talk to him before anything else happens. I dunno if that was BS or not. Didn't feel warm or cold walking out of there. I think I better really start looking hard now  <dontknow>

• 5 weeks later...

They called me back on Monday to have me come back in for another interview scheduled for today (thu. 8/16).

They brought me into the production area to look at all the machines that I would work on. They all had components that I am very familiar with. I was able to snap out answers to most questions. Able to open control cabinet and tell them what the heck all that stuff in there was and for what. I'm actually used to more complex controls so I felt comfortable in there. I felt good on the way out, fingers still crossed. :)

A lot of great people on this site. My wife was out of work two years before she got a job paying half what she made before. Outsourcing cost a job and then wages. I Had to "resign" at least on paper when in fact I was hurt on the job from inhaling fumes. The contract I have to sign says I can't talk bad about them or give the details f the settlement, I have not yet signed but I will. That company is known around the Charlotte area and has initials HT. I hope to never visit one again. Now I am glad I paid extra to have disability insurance. Only 40% of my wages but better than zero. Still waiting for my settlement $ and also approval by Social Security Disability. It is hard paying bills. We are about two years from debt free and clear on cars and home. Pray we can make it. I pray all who are looking and able can find a great job they like doing quickly.

I am retired,  past all the 'marker' age points.  I was in the work force when it was supposedly easy to find and keep a job.  Not in my world.  Maybe for some.  Military for a few years,  then a career with its own problems,  then a career that was easier but was in a window of opportunity.  When I needed to find a job,  changing careers to something quite different and unpredictable was what worked.  A (an affordable) trade school to obtain some minimal credentials,  off to the races!  Twice.  To all of you looking for work,  Blessings and Good Luck!!

Being a Sheetmetal worker has provided my family with a good life but last few years have been brutal.So far still working,with a local out of juristiction good guys,but with construction now iffy at best and the fact that I'm getting to be an old dog got to plan for the worst.Even now trying to pay the morgage/student loan a few months in advance to be ready for layoff and trying to find time to fix my shoulder as it is bone on bone.Wife said I can get the Sig scorpion I wanted and she would pop for half :ove3:.So I think I'm a little ahead and get stoped by popo radar 58 in a 35 on toll road coming in hot at the booth.So now it's $160 something and driving class so it won't count agansit me WTF.Told my wife about you guys looking for work and we do say a prayer at dinner time for you.I took lots of class's to have credentials but the next guy has a stack bigger than that :(.Last year was my worst yet I know there are people in even worst shape than me and our hearts go out to them.Like I said before the problems with work did'nt happen over night and the rat bastards that caused this situation didn't miss a beat >:(.Still pushing for you guys.Sincerly Rene