• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

mega Monolithic single rail

washguy

Looks good brother Jeff,what do you think about some cammy paint while its in infantcy? <dontknow>

Hi Rene !  Lets see....pain pills for the knee...and me not the artsy craftsy kinda guy that would be dangerous <laughs>.....hmmmm....gimme an airless and im okay with a 5 gal pail of paint....but an airbrush or a spray can... nope <laughs>

I painted an rc plane with an airbrush and it took me several days to get it right....took it to the airfield and the boys laffed me off the field cause of the paint job <lmao> Wash

That IS nice!!!!. Can you tell me what the length of the rail is? I'm assuming that since you say rifle length, it's designed to cover a rifle length gas block, correct?

Hi Jgun Hi Guys

Just got thru with the build ill throw up some pics....I must say Mega outdid themselves with this one  when Mega sez rifle length its not gonna cover a rifle length gas block all the way i dont think?.....the rail is  from what I measure is bout 12.5 inches...my 16" barrel is a middy gas and the gas block is at the 10.25 mark...there is 2.5 inches from the front of the gas block to the end of the rail....am I making sense?  pics in a while    :)  Wash

Looking forward to seeing the pics, I'm sure it will look outstanding. How does it feel to you weight wise compared to a seperate receiver/rail setup? Reason I ask is because I've got a buddy that put together one of the first Vltor MUR monolithic Ar 15 uppers and although it was a great gun, it was a brick. I've heard that Mega tried to keep the weight down on these, so I'm wondering if it feels comparable to the same setup but non monolithic to you?

Looking forward to seeing the pics, I'm sure it will look outstanding. How does it feel to you weight wise compared to a seperate receiver/rail setup? Reason I ask is because I've got a buddy that put together one of the first Vltor MUR monolithic Ar 15 uppers and although it was a great gun, it was a brick. I've heard that Mega tried to keep the weight down on these, so I'm wondering if it feels comparable to the same setup but non monolithic to you?

Jgun  Just got thru weighing it in <thumbsup> pics in a sec....but im holding it and thinking to myself this baby is gonna come in light :)  Dont have optics on it..but I slapped a 20 rd pmag fully loaded

on it...the digital scales sez  9.5 lbs....damn I weighed it many times to be sure  <thumbsup>

you and me were on the same wavelength <laughs>

seems  well balanced too.      Wash

Hi Guys  so here is the rundown on the monolithic single rail.

16" rainier select barrel

stag low profile gas block

a dpms  Miculek brake

Geissele super three gun trigger

dpms chrome bcg

plain ol buffer/spring 308 car type

magpul acs stock ..six position tube

btw the Mega comes with an ambi bolt release installed.

Heres where you can "screw the pooch" on this build

the instructions say with pics that you must be sure to have the barrel extension fully seated in the upper before you screw down the barrel nut or you will cause damage that cant be repaired...oh great thats what I needed to read <laughs>

you cant see the locating pin on the extension when you place it...so i used Char's red fingernail polish on the extension and then on the other side too...so used my witches brew of moly and mp7 to try fit a few times...you must have no gap before you tighten down the nut. You have a lil open spot to make sure the extension flush way down in there....thought it was ....saw no gap,then I took my rubber mallet and gave it a nice whack....damn it moved another 1/16th inch in  Whew... Im glad I did that!  the barrel nut went right on.. the gas block no prob either.. the wrench is genius    :)  Wash

1-9.jpg

1-10.jpg

I have two things to point out...

1. That is a damn nice rifle <thumbsup>

2. I think Matt is off the hook for having the nicest hands. Wash just took the cake with his fancy manicure. You're a "sensitive" man, and I won't judge you.

Nice gun, nice hands... They work well together!

Hi Guys  Went to the indoor range to shoot the monolithic....did a one shell function test... locked back....gtg....then I let er rip....geez the flame and concussion in an indoor room is crazy! <laughs>

so here's a link to you tube...hope it works never done a you tube thingy <dontknow>  Wash

http://youtu.be/r3LRerIT6_8 

I really like the Mega mono rifle length system. When it comes time to build mine, I think that's the way to go.

Hi Mineralman  yeppers this monolithic is sweet and Mega kept the weight down too!

remember though mega calls it rifle length but it only covers a middy gas block...handguard portion bout 12 inches :)  Wash

wash, that is such a nice receiver set, man - that looks great with the 16" barrel.  <thumbsup>

Hi 98Z  Thank you...I had to fondle it again today...didnt shoot it ....gave it a once over....lookin at all that cnc work on the upper...then wiping my drool off it <laughs>

Geez  now its scope time for it....im wanting a highpower but compact scope...any ideas?

acog a55 308bdc would be kewl...but out of my budget plus I dont think it would do the deed at 500 yds....sooo prolly that great priced Monarch again ;) Wash