Armed Eye Doc Posted 19 hours ago Report Posted 19 hours ago 3 hours ago, Belt Fed said: Yep, time to make some new Banshee SBR's The biggest issue with SBRs is that you still have to file paperwork with DOJ/ATF to take them across state lines, even the ones not NFA registered.
shooterrex Posted 18 hours ago Author Report Posted 18 hours ago so I put a brace on my pistols to travel and at home it can have a stock.
Armed Eye Doc Posted 18 hours ago Report Posted 18 hours ago 5 minutes ago, shooterrex said: so I put a brace on my pistols to travel and at home it can have a stock. That is my current understanding.
Armed Eye Doc Posted 18 hours ago Report Posted 18 hours ago Here's a pretty good explanation of the letter and the FAQs. I'm sure there are others.
98Z5V Posted 16 hours ago Report Posted 16 hours ago (edited) 3 hours ago, shooterrex said: so I put a brace on my pistols to travel and at home it can have a stock. Yep. Ron's Form 20 doesn't have to be filed anymore, if he puts braces on them to travel, then reverts to stocks when he arrives. And Vice Versa for the rip back home. We'll see how well they stick to "once a pistol, always a pistol - that can go to rifle. But if it started as a rifle - it can't go pistol." Prove it/. Long, hard battle for them, right there. It'll never get prosecuted, my guess, in that circumstance... Edited 16 hours ago by 98Z5V
98Z5V Posted 16 hours ago Report Posted 16 hours ago All eyes are off Suppressors,SBRs, SBSs, and AOWs now. The game has changed. Putting stocks on my ShockWaves right now.
Rsquared Posted 9 hours ago Report Posted 9 hours ago Well, for this time, I have already filed and received my 5320's back from the ATF. That being said. I do believe that this was the fastest turn around time I've ever experienced. I even had a slight error on 2 of the forms of not putting the length of the suppressors on the form. An ATF guy reached out through email stating that, and asked for me to update the forms and send them back to him directly so that he could process them without me going to the back of the line. That was to HIS email and not the generic address that we all use to start with. By far, one of the friendliest ATF interactions that I think I've ever had. I had them in my hands about a week later. All in total: Forms originally sent on 9/13/26. Updated forms sent on 9/21/26. Forms in hand on 9/29/26. Not too shabby.
BrianK Posted 6 hours ago Report Posted 6 hours ago Kinda happy about this. It's very long overdue! What a great time to live in a free state! I have a can that can use a wipe on the end for the best suppression, but they wear out. Previously I could have just one on hand. It would wear out and I'd destroy the worn out one and press a new one. Now I can go to the range with a handful or more and no issues. It's a good day! I called my LGS after an hour and a half after they got the word and they'd already sold at least 10 suppressors, so I was told.
Belt Fed Posted 2 hours ago Report Posted 2 hours ago I made seven new Zeroed Banshee SBR's today. i had the stocks already.
98Z5V Posted 24 minutes ago Report Posted 24 minutes ago Nice work, brother!!! Tom Grieve is amazing, with his explanations. He lays this all out very, very well.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now