• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I blame 98Z5V!!

Robocop1051

Well it looks like Eric Estrada will be the last famous Motor Cop on a Kawasaki.... Read about the CHP and the Kawasaki Concourse 14P HERE

Tom, you have anything to say about THIS. I think there were some shenanigans in southern AZ :P Their highway patrol seems to like their motors just fine. <dontknow>

Luckily my new bike (which drops off the truck tomorrow afternoon :drool: ) is a Honda ST1300. <thumbsup>

Harley's and Victory's were taken off the table right off the bat. Too expensive to work on, and too often. Our last 2006 103" RoadKing was a rattling nightmare.

The BMW's were immediately taken out of consideration as well. The weak clutches, soft brake pads and $125 per hour labor, were putting the dept in the poor house. Brakes cost about $600 and the clutch was pushing $2k. A "simple" oil change was near $250!

Kawi's and Honda's were the last options available to us. We debated long and hard. In the long run, after much input from other dept's we settled on the Honda. It was a tough decision. The nail in the coffin was the absolute lack of maintenance needed for the Honda's. The maintenance that was performed had extremely low labor and parts fees.

Holy poop, there's so much to say about this...  I can't find the words right now...

I will be back here.  I will comment.

I will say this about the Polaris Victory motorcycles - those guys can build ATVs, and sleds.  They need to work on big v-twins - they don't know what they're doing.  Example - plastic lower oil valves in the forks.  If you blow a fork seal, and collapse the legs, you crush the plastic  oil valve.  The only way to get one is to get a whole inner fork stanchion.  Over $450...  for a plastic valve.  If it wasn't plastic in the first place, it wouldn't be a problem, and if they had a separate part number for that thing, it would be different, but they didn't think to offer that as a separate part, or make it out of metal.  I have tons of examples like that, too...  Long term maintenance is one expensive bitch on those...  <dontknow>