• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ALG Defense ACT - "ALG Combat Trigger"

98Z5V

Well, now - I'm quite familiar with Geissele triggers.  ALG Defense is a spin-off company of Geissele, and they only make two trigger products.  Both are "refined" issue, military trriggers.  The ACT - ALG Combat Trigger, is the upper offering of the two.

With it coming in at the street-price of around $60, it's the only real, direct competitor to a Spike's NiB Battle Trigger, in both price, and features.

I received my ALG ACT today, and promptly tossed it in a lower.  This is the trigger I ordered for the 7.5" 5.56 pistol build (Rob will love this one...  <laughs>).

Installation is straight-forward, just like any other mil-spec component trigger.  What I like the most after getting it in there - SMOOTH!!!  Very smooth.  I've had a Spike's NiB Battle Trigger since they first offered one - somewhere around summer-2010, I've been running one.  It migrated from rifle to rifle, and eventually landed in the .45 ACP AR, where it will stay.  Initially, it felt good, but it got better with time - smoothed out with use.  It's a damn good trigger, and it did get better, the more rounds that went through it.

THE ALG ACT BLOWS IT AWAY.  Right out of the package, this trigger feels immensely better than the broken-in Spike's NiB trigger.

This is one damn great battle trigger, and for the price, it can't be beat.  Nothing in the standard trigger, or the $60 range, is going to be better.

I already have another one on order.  ;D <thumbsup>

100_0517.jpg

100_0520.jpg

I keep recommending them to people who want a great trigger but can't afford the higher end Geissele's.

The ALG is his wife's trigger company. You better believe he's not going to let her fall on her face, so the trigger's gotta be good. Maybe not like Bill's higher end triggers (which feel ridiculously awesome), but way better than stock.

I guarantee people that swap to this trigger will be more than happy with it.

Definitely worth the 60 bucks.  I, like george, put a jp spring kit in it (12 bucks).  I'm giving it a thorough run through in my Maten before I put it in my father's ar15 build.  For now it's waiting for it's first range trip.  I used the red hammer spring and the yellow trigger spring, but i think I'll go to the bronze for the trigger spring when i move it to the 15.  It has a VERY smooth take-up, and the break is so clean  <thumbsup>  It's a stark contrast to my competition rifle, which has to be a stock M16 (like a bag full of grits or sand permanently molded to the trigger  :cookoo:) :P.  I also have the basic ALG (the $45 dollar one) and upon close inspection, seems to be quite well crafted too.  Definitely a recommendable trigger.

Russ

^^^ He's the pusher in this one - not ME.  You need to understand that, Rene.  All I did was report a comparison to another nickel boron coated trigger available over this one, and this ALG far outshines the other one that was previously available, since mid-2010.

This poop is NOT my fault...  <dontknow>

Make your own decision, but blame Greg for any confusion - I'm not any part of this, this time...  :fawkdance:

^^^ He's the pusher in this one - not ME.  You need to understand that, Rene.  All I did was report a comparison to another nickel boron coated trigger available over this one, and this ALG far outshines the other one that was previously available, since mid-2010.

This shit is NOT my fault...  <dontknow>

Make your own decision, but blame Greg for any confusion - I'm not any part of this, this time...  :fawkdance:

blow me, just so there's no confusion! I flat out told him to buy it! :laughing4: :bj:

oh i got some instigation coming your way in a few weeks….. L.A.R.U.E. O.B.R.

poop ain't even funny...  There are ifficially TWO factory rifles I'd even consider buying.  The new Armalite 7.62 carbine that takes the Pmags...

and ANY  OSR - <<<  Yes, I did that on purpose.  I hope Dick Swan freaks the fornicate out about it.  I'd fully buy any LaRue OSR, doesn't matter the configuration.  <thumbsup>

No other complete rifle is even worthy, to me.  :cookoo:

I consider it a great trigger, but it's not something i consider a replacement for the Geisselle, per-se.  If you have an actual budget, it fills the role very nicely (it's quality, for sure).  For the money it's much better than other less expensive triggers I've tried and gives you a bit more money to spend on other stuff.  The 3gun is definitely a better trigger, though, and worth the pennies if you can spend them.  You WILL notice the difference.  Just my experiences and 2 cents...

Russ

I consider it a great trigger, but it's not something i consider a replacement for the Geisselle, per-se.  If you have an actual budget, it fills the role very nicely (it's quality, for sure).  For the money it's much better than other less expensive triggers I've tried and gives you a bit more money to spend on other stuff.  The 3gun is definitely a better trigger, though, and worth the pennies if you can spend them.  You WILL notice the difference.  Just my experiences and 2 cents...

Russ

^^^ Russ is right on the money with that description.  <thumbsup>

For a mil-spec-type trigger, the ACT is phenomenal.  It's no S3G, but it's a damn great $60 trigger. 

Another option would be to give Dave Branson at BBshooting a call, he usually has some in stock, and will discuss them a bit with you.  Great guy to chat with, and to help you go broke lmao.  About to purchase more parts for a third black rifle build from him  :cookoo:

Btw, the cheaper ALG is also pretty doggone nice (installed it last nite for a little dry firing) and it's 15 dollars cheaper.  I still think the ACT is a better option of the two, but if the budget is really tight, don't for one second think you'll be disappointed.  The ACT breaks a little cleaner (could be my choice of springs though, if i change them to compare apples to apples, i'll let ya'll know).  They're both nice and smooth.

Russ

• 3 weeks later...

All I have to say is , wow !

I keep using my CCG lowered  16 "  for testing these triggers ( why ? ,I have no idea )& I get between 5 1/4 - 5 1/ 2  # trigger pull & nice & clean , some creep , but no where near the other trigger & I haven't shot it yet !. Even though the one I took out  has a 6# pull , consistently , its got a mile of creep.

This ACT trigger is smooth. I"ll buy another for sure.

• 8 years later...

I upgraded to the QMS in my first AR build after being disappointed with the grittiness of the trigger that came in a DPMS LPK. The improvement was impressive enough that I tried an ACT for my next build. It’s been my go to FCG ever since, currently I have the ACT in 3 builds and  I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for an upgraded mil spec trigger. 

15 hours ago, Black_Sheep said:

I upgraded to the QMS in my first AR build after being disappointed with the grittiness of the trigger that came in a DPMS LPK. The improvement was impressive enough that I tried an ACT for my next build. It’s been my go to FCG ever since, currently I have the ACT in 3 builds and  I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for an upgraded mil spec trigger. 

I've never tried the QMS in anything, because I didn't want that pull weight - but I have used the ACT in several guns - and it IS a good trigger.  It's the best mil-spec trigger that you can get, hands down.  Bill Geissele nailed that thing.  ALG is "Amy Lee Geissele" - which is Bill Geissele's wife. 

Every ALG trigger you get was designed and tuned and built - by Bill Geissele.  :thumbup:

22 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I've never tried the QMS in anything, because I didn't want that pull weight - but I have used the ACT in several guns - and it IS a good trigger.  It's the best mil-spec trigger that you can get, hands down.  Bill Geissele nailed that thing.  ALG is "Amy Lee Geissele" - which is Bill Geissele's wife. 

Every ALG trigger you get was designed and tuned and built - by Bill Geissele.  :thumbup:

The pull weight "feels" lighter due to how smooth it is (if that makes sense)