• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Even MORE Hell-Raisin'... (?!!?)

98Z5V

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It ok. We told him uncle Tom hears his name more than he's seen it written <thumbsup>. 

Tom ain't kidding about the 500. He rode it one afternoon, came back a little white and never even got on a bike the next day.  Took that long to regain his confidence.. <lmao>

I've been eye'n that gun up also, I tke it they're nice?? When do they start with the extended mag? I was going to start a topic about this too :)

They sell the extended mags now.  Only a couple have been reported to have come with one extended and one 5-rounder.

Tom white?  All that sand prolly blasted the color off him!

Jon

That bike scared the piss outta me.  For realz.  <lmao>

We got into camp late Tuesday (REAL late) /slash/ Wednesday morning.  When I pulled into the semi-usual camping spot in darkness, I went pretty far down the wash.  Drove until I saw a great spot, and saw another campsite about a hundred yards away in the headlights... 

The next day, Chris came over to my camp - he's the owner of the 426 I'd been working on for more than a full riding season.  It has a test-n-tune knobby on it also.  He came back later Wednesday afternoon and blasted down the flats on it, then rode the CR down the flats.  He tried to buy the CR from me right then...  <laughs>  No Bueno, he can't have it.  He declared that we were mounting the rear paddles Thursday morning. 

Next morning comes around, and we're spoonin' the knobs off the wheels and spoonin' the paddles on there.  Went straight to the hill.  After a few rips up the hill in 3rd, I felt pretty decent in the whoops at the bottom (they weren't deep yet, because it was still the beginning of a busy holiday weekend out there).  Maybe 2ft deep whoops.  I was feeling confident, so I grabbed 4th before the whoops a few times, and was starting to get that sheit down.  Then I raced Chris on his 426.  Straight fukkin' smoked him up that hill.  Bad.    Turned around and did it a few more times, giving him a heinous ass-whoopin' to the top.  THEN... 

My buddy Scott, on the TRX quad with the 350 powervalve engine lines up on the left of me. Chris os on the right side.  We LAY INTO IT.  The damn CR comes out to the left in 1st, and I think to myself, "I'll just grab 2nd and whack it, and it'll straighten out..."  :o

Damn thing comes out hard to the right side.  Hmmm...  "I'll just grab 3rd, and whack it, and it'll straighten out..."  IT DID!  Now, I'm about to slam through the whoops.  Logical decision was to grab 4th and hit it, just like before.  Got about 3 or 4 whoops into the set, and the damn thing stands STRAIGHT UP in the bottom of a whoop.  I slammed the throttle shut, bounced through the rest of the set, downshifted to 3rd, and coasted out of the whoops - THEN hit it again.  Everybody was too far ahead to catch, so I just stayed in it up the hill, and tried my best. 

THAT point right there was when I figured out - that you can't figure those things out.  You NEVER really "have it" on one of them.  You might have it most of the time, but that bike is just biding it's time, deciding on it's own when the best time to kill you will be.  It's a mean, nasty bastard, but also a calculating, patient one.  Fukkin' pure evil. 

The spot on the back of my head DID grow.  From that ride right there.  That mean sum'bitch stayed in camp until Sunday afternoon.  I took it out again for the ride that David ended up breaking his leg on - Last ride of that day.  By then, it was the end of the holiday weekend, and those damn whoops at the bottom of the hill were about 3 or so feet deep.  There were no 4th gear runs through the whoops that day, but I got 4th once coming out of them.  The other runs were 3rd gear runs up the hill, and it was still fast as hell.  Faster than any one of the 450cc racequads out there with us. 

That thing is psycho, and my life is now shorter because of it.  It really is the only motorcycle I've ever ridden, in my whole life, that scares the poop out of me.  I've ridden some pretty crazy, turbo nitrous drag quads that fuel on methanol, and this thing scares me WAY more than those things.  :cookoo: