• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sig's cherry popped

unforgiven

It's HOME  :banana: Gunsmiths comments: Inspected pistol,Reamed the chamber,Polished the feed ramp,Adjusted the ejector,Function checked.Test fired 50 rds. of Aguila and Winchester WB FMJ 230 gr. and they ripped off the ends of both boxes and sent then with the pistol.Pistol is a little sooty just shows it's been shot. <thumbsup> I told them it was going to be my carry pistol and did not want any hiccups. ;)

It's HOME  :banana: Gunsmiths comments: Inspected pistol,Reamed the chamber,Polished the feed ramp,Adjusted the ejector,Function checked.Test fired 50 rds. of Aguila and Winchester WB FMJ 230 gr. and they ripped off the ends of both boxes and sent then with the pistol.Pistol is a little sooty just shows it's been shot. <thumbsup> I told them it was going to be my carry pistol and did not want any hiccups. ;)

That there is a dang good start!

Saw your write up on FedEx too.  Just send me the shipping number and a return label.  I'll run 1,000 of my lead reloads through her and send it back for cleaning.

That way Tom will get to dirty 'er up fresh!  <thumbsup>

Jon

poop, I'll shoot it up - and you don't need to send ammo.  I'll provide the ammo, brother.  If it doesn't like a certain "Personal Defense" round, you'll know.  I have a plethora of different hollow points.  <thumbsup>

I running 230gr. Magtec ball,On the last go around out of 50 had 1 Sig mag with only 7 of 8 and for some reason when I slingshot the slide round wouldn't ramp up.Was half was and pinched with slide on case I pushed round to the back of mag and tried again same thing.Rmoved round pulled slide back chamber round shot rest of  mag without problem.Had another where slide locked back with last round in mag [which happened before].Had less FTF this time.Before I took it for a spin took it apart and cleaned I use CLP always,put weaponshield on slide.100 rounds seems to be running better.Guy at the shop said it took his Kimber a few hundred rounds to break in.I want to break this in really bad to make it my carry pistol.It is easy to shoot feels great in my hand.Shreads bulls,with bedwetters wearing body armor wanted to step up from 9mm XDM I had.I also carry S&W bodyguard revolver when doing alot of driving.Different tools for different jobs.Use a Blackhawk Sherpa holster for 1911 & XDM I like the retention feature.I get back to work brother Larry [Hemi] is 1911 wizard so he'll take it to the next level.Great pistol. <thumbsup>

Hate to say it but with the Sig 1911 mags it is hit and miss. I have not had any problems with my Scorpion mags or the Wilson combat, but I have seen and heard about this exact same problem. You should be able to send the mag back to Sig and they will replace.

Well, I've been using McCormick (AKA CMC) mags ever since he first came out with them, even in my 'short' Officer's model. I've always had good luck with them using my reloads with the H&G 68 type bullet, ball, thuncated cone FMJ and a variety of hollowpoints. I've had several of those tapered feedlip military style mags in the past and they pretty much all ended up in the trash! My 45's will feed an empty case from a CMC mag! Everybody has their own preferences and reasons for those preferences, I'll stick with my CMC mags.

Rene, if you want to try some CMC mags in that Sig let me know and I'll send you a couple of mine to try.