• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Robocop1051's NiB Race build

Robocop1051

So I have a buddy who was impressed with my rifle and decided he wanted one of his own... This is what I built:

• Mega Arms "NiB" Billet Ambi Receiver set
  • Mega Arms Trigger
  • WMD "NiB" Bolt and Hammer
  • Adams Arms Piston Conversion (Mid Length)
  • Noveske N4 14.5" Barrel
  • BattleComp v1.5 (with blind pin)
  • Samson 9" Freeflaot modular tube
  • Magpul MBUS
  • Magpul CTR
  • Magpul MOE+ Grip
  • Raddlock California Bullet button

More to come (Like a BAD-ASS and a better charging handle). She needs some clothes for that naked body!

A89EAF5D-5FC9-40DE-A92B-B5F680BABE49-2616-000007268F7B915E.jpg

7FF39F77-59F5-409F-90FC-0B95C6EA22FC-2616-00000726A7BFCB93.jpg

0E9971E5-8DE0-4521-871C-A2CE8FF39530-2616-000007269D155D48.jpg

77EF89AD-9D05-4325-8427-1E94DDF39C67-2616-00000726964910BB.jpg

He got into pistol competition (IDPA) about a year ago. He's a nurse who discovered guns late in life. He and his wife make really good $$$. He said he wanted to step up his game and jump in head first. This was a pricey build, but I think worth it. The rifle is so stupid lightweight it's rediculous. This is his first AR, and he already has the accessory bug. It's ready to fire, but he's a long way from finished.

Sweet rifle! <thumbsup> what kind of recoil buffer did you use?

Right now it's a standard carbine buffer and spring. I run an H2 and a Carrier Weight System (tungsten) in mine, with a standard spring. We'll gradually add weight to his ensure weapon function. The 14.5" mid length pistons are a little finicky about cycling. When done right, they are AMAZINING.

• 2 weeks later...

The 14.5" mid length pistons are a little finicky about cycling. When done right, they are AMAZINING.

Your's was unreal to shoot, brother - flatest shooting rifle I've ever fired.  That thing was so fast on-target for follow-ups.  <thumbsup>

When PA brings back their red dot in Jan '13, I'll be ready to compete. I'm buying 3 of their sight+magnification set-ups.

I finally shot that rifle above. It cycled perfectly. A small pile of brass at my 3:30. He would take advantage from a heavier buffer. The light weight parts really made it a pleasure to shoot though. The smile on my buddys face was HUGE.