• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

FNG from SoCal by way of Kansas...

USMCbassman

Hi, my name is Shane...I like guns A LOT, I've responsibly played with them in public, private, peace time and combat for almost my whole life!  Sorry,  I always feel like I'm at a meeting when I introduce myself and I can be a smart@$$ sometimes. 

Anyways, I currently reside in SoCal and am a resident of Kansas (I only go back to KS to see family and hunt); eventually I'll end up a resident of CA as my wife's job will keep us here for another 20 or so years.  I like the weather here, but I don't like the gun laws.  I've been in the Marine Corps (AD) for almost 16 years now, I'm a husband and father of 3. 

When I'm not doing the Marine thing I'm either hanging with the family, fishing, hunting, riding my Harley, snowboarding or just chilling in my chair at the house.  I have to many interests and not enough time.

Tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a DPMS .308 stripped lower; currently waiting for it to be liberated from the Feds or they're waiting for me to cool off, not real sure.  I can't remember how I stumbled upon the forum and I have never built an AR/rifle before, but I'm not scared to do a little research and ask questions when they need to be asked. 

Well that about it sums it up, I'm hoping to learn a lot and get to know some of you all!  Happy New Year!

^^^What they said, oh...wait, never mind  :o

LOL, Thanks guys and it's my pleasure having the privilege of being able to serve our country!  Truly is or I wouldn't have done it this long!

Only problem is now I have to do over 20 years just so a certain individuals "John Hancock" won't be on my retirement certificate  ???

Welcome aboard USMCBassman!

Nothing like another enthusiast around here.  Especially with a steady paycheck!

Jon

It's steady alright and the fam steadily depletes it...LOL! 

Nah, not really; I just live by the rule it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission! 

Thanks again everyone! 

USMCbassman,

Like the others have said, thank you for your service. My son is an Airborne Ranger, stationed in Savanah, GA. I have been curious as to the quality of the DPMS .308's. I had one of their AR-15's a couple of years ago and had all kinds of problems with it. I changed to Rock River Arms and have had nothing but great luck with them. The only reason I have an Armalite AR10 instead of an RRA AR10 is the deal I got on it. I hope your goves you meny thousand rounds of problem free shooting.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a 25 year Air Force veteran (still serving in the full-time Air Guard) and just wanted to say THANK YOU for your devoted service! I have a great deal of respect for anyone in the USMC. My uncle did 2 tours in 'Nam in the MC and somehow made it back alive. Keep up the good work!