• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

It's getting hard to not take advantage of this sellers market.

imschur

Bear with me.

And what if the people paying stupid-high prices...the ones who are getting those with plenty of rifles/pistols to sell their holdings...what if these people are agents of various federal agencies?

You know...conducting a clandestine "weapons buy-back" before the legislation or executive orders come into effect?

Obama at the podium "We knew there would be resistance to a ban, so we put this operation into effect to start a selling frenzy, whereby we are able to purchase these 15 million assault weapons.  Around the nation today, as these are melted down in forges, we now have a safer society.  A nation where we can move forward, leading the world from behind."

Jon

i made a rule a few years ago, I don't sell guns, only buy.

I've given two away, one to each son.

I will admit to having been caught flat-footed on the AR-10 deal. My son and I have talked for years about it, before he joined the Army. We finally had the chance to buy one, and did...before the madness, but not, "before enough"

The problem is I don't own any other .308, nor did he. So we never had a reason to buy .308 ammo...I have ammo for my other firearms, but exactly 1 box of .308.

Can't even break in the barrel,  <dontknow>

So, we are on the outside of the .308 ammo fort looking in. I am not going to shoot garbage ammo through this rifle, (heck you can't even find it these day) so we are at the mercy of the times to get this rifle up and running. He is going to try to buy the scope with his tax return, (he also has a wedding to pay for, she has no family :() but until we can afford some decent ammo for the rifle we are gonna be stuck looking at it, because we just can't afford the prices people are asking for the good reloads, let alone match grade stuff.

I don't blame anyone, nor am I upset with guys working the supply and demand...we are just caught between a rock and a hard place, and that is the way it is.

i made a rule a few years ago, I don't sell guns, only buy.

I'm of the same mentality.

You need to start reloading brother. Seriously! <thumbsup>

And get more .308 Win rifles - they don't have to be auto-loaders.  Bolts are perfectly fine...  

That'll "justify" the ammo need, and benefit you in the future.  Right now - and only right now - bolt guns aren't on the current radar, or targeted "hit-list..."

100_0437.jpg

100_0168.jpg

Also have a Kimber .308 bolt gun with a 24" stainless fluted barrel, based on the M98 action.  There are never enough .308 rifles, no matter semi or bolt, brother.  <thumbsup>

Your killing me Tom. Im trying to save for a new mountain bike...

I'm only here to help you wreck your own plans, brother.  ;D

Mountain Bikes aren't on the list to be banned, last time I checked - you better gather whatever you can right now, while you still can.  Get the bike later, brother...  <thumbsup>

I'm only here to help you wreck your own plans, brother.  ;D

Mountain Bikes aren't on the list to be banned, last time I checked - you better gather whatever you can right now, while you still can.  Get the bike later, brother...  <thumbsup>

this is somthing i keep telling myself when i think nah i better not......

and no truer words about the bolts, i love my bolt action 30-06 and she pushes tacks

It would really suck to sell truly useful items to get cash, then have the long-expected economic crash.

Keep the gun stuff and buy toilet paper.

Jon

We have a pretty good toilet paper fort. :D

We've spent the last year helping our younger son get full custody of his little girl, our granddaughter. It was not cheap, but I would have sold everything I own for that child, to see to it she was raised in a house that is safe, and full of love...anyway...

Really, truly, I need a scope for the AR-10 and ammo for it. I won't buy the glass til I have the ammo, it is sorta pointless as mine is a -10BTNF, no irons. I am going to have to wait until I can find some decent quality 168 grn BTHP ammo for a reasonable price. I am hoping the tax return will be able to fund the glass. If I fell into a decent deal on some ammo I'd find a way to make it happen.

We will get there... <thumbsup>

I am going to have to wait until I can find some decent quality 168 grn BTHP ammo for a reasonable price. I am hoping the tax return will be able to fund the glass. If I fell into a decent deal on some ammo I'd find a way to make it happen.

We will get there... <thumbsup>

I think it was this morning - Palmetto State Armory has FGMM for $22 per 20 box.  <thumbsup>

Yes, that is the rifle. My son and I are tickled to death. He is 28, our first father son project in many years...the rifle is "his" as far as the record goes, it is in his home and under his control. I paid for half of it, but have no room in my safe, LOL.

We didn't pay anywhere near that for it. It was on sale at the time and we saved several hundred dollars.

I found that ammo a few ago and posted it in the deal section, hadn't seen this post yet. Sorry....i did order 4 boxes of it. T <thumbsup>