• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

$200 for a lower parts kit ???

tucson308

Everyone, please stop and think about what you are paying for here. It is a bunch of springs most of which can be bought for $1 or less and with the trigger /hammer spring set are all under $15, pins $15 or less for all, pistol grip $7.50,  stock hammer, trigger and safety for under $35.I bought 3 RRA/NM trigger groups for $340 at the Tucson gun show. I've seen these selling for $250 each. Bolts and carriers are being sold by the troy ounce and will soon be considered a precious metal.

All my prices are conservative and you can buy these parts individually, on line, from many suppliers, or at local gun shows.

One of which is Anderson MFG. No, I don't know them am not associated with them in any way, shape, or form, but they have A+ quality parts for what I would consider is below the average. There upper and lower will fit as tight, or tighter than any out there and two weeks ago I bought 3 upper receivers they had on the shelf for the same price as always ($75) I see one piece going for that price rite now. Yes, they are out of stock now, but they will have more in short time.

Before you say that they are of not the same quality - again, I can back up my statement. I took cross sections of Anderson and one from one of the big suppliers and did a materials analysis. The forged aluminum grain structure  was the same on both and the alloy composition was identical. The difference was the price. upper and lower from Anderson $155 for the pair. The other companies was $315 for the pair. Both receiver pairs fit great, but as you can see the cost was substantially different.

I've done several builds with them and the guns are rock solid. Fulton is another supplier who has many parts in stock and also sells good quality part's for pre panic prices

It is a shame that we are all in this together, but some are screwing you over "BIG TIME"Some prices have went up, but for the most part the main vendors are selling to the guys who jack the parts up to outrages prices for the same price as 1, 6 or 12 months ago. I personally will remember the ones doing it and NEVER buy from them again. Don't give me the supply and demand BS. there is plenty of parts out there if you look. I can understand a slight markup in these times, but paying $50+ for a Magpul mag is crazy. I buy wholesale for myself and personally know what the current prices are for most parts. Magpul is still selling to there vendors for the same price as before all this panic took place. Bottom line 500% markup for these and a lot of other parts.

Yes, there will be guy's pissed off about what I said, but I'm using facts and want to help my fellow brothers that are of the same cause as myself. If you are pissed and are one with the HUGELY inflated prices, please let me know so I can put you on the "never buy from again list". you are the vendors that deserve to go out of business. You are taking advantage of a bunch of people who make, or break you and you are screwing them for your own personal gain!

why are places like Andersdon, Brownells, Fulton and many more have the same pricing g as a month ago before all this started.

Cause they and all others are paying the same prices. They are already making a lot more money because there inventory is bought out quickly, but for some, they want more, BOOOO!!!!

You can stop the greed, by not paying these crazy prices and if you do your homework you can find every part you need for normal pricing (pre bend you over a barrel era).

Buy your springs and pins from the above mentioned companys and by a good trigger group(RRA 2 stage NM), ambi safety and up graded pistol grip for $175 or less. Yes, RRA trigger groups are out there.

Send a message to the companies taking advantage by not purchasing from them now, or ever. Suffering is a great teacher!

For all the other vendors and that would be 80%, or more,  that have not taken advantage of this situation, Great job and keep doing what you are doing!

Before you say that they are of not the same quality - again, I can back up my statement. I took cross sections of Anderson and one from one of the big suppliers and did a materials analysis. The forged aluminum grain structure  was the same on both and the alloy composition was identical.

Structure will be the same, because there are only 3 or 4 forging companies in the business, and everyone buys their own raw forgings from essentially the same places.  Cutting it apart for analysis wasn't really necessary.

Yes, there will be guy's pissed off about what I said, but I'm using facts and want to help my fellow brothers that are of the same cause as myself. If you are pissed and are one with the HUGELY inflated prices, please let me know so I can put you on the "never buy from again list".

Nobody here will be pissed - Don't know what you're talking about with that.

Just information for you...

Nobody here will be pissed - Don't know what you're talking about with that.

98 said it first, we all agree with you here. The price gouging has gone rampant, and it has been recognized by everyone on this site. That being said, it's still good to hear people are fed up with this price bullying. Let's hope for a better February and a lot of good stuff from SHOT '13! <thumbsup>

95Z5V,

No receiver was cut apart for this test. Both receivers were shaved and polished where the hand guard screws on...It would be a crime to hurt a perfectly good AR.

I was going to put your fact out there, but I did not verify it so I left it out. Thanks for doing it for me!

Yay, field trip!

We will not be able to see our XRF & XRD (machines to analyze material compositions) since they are at our Connecticut facility, but all others are open for viewing.

Got a really trippy one for you to see. A continues .008 wire (EDM) cutting a helical, tapered gear with a round hole through the center at the top that transitions to a rectangular opening at the bottom without any visible transition lines.

I am just sitting out the storm. But people doing the right thing still may get business from me when necessary, just on principal.

On BCGs. I have done ALLOT of BCG shopping and the extended wait on Addax ZKs sort of caused me to take a personal interest in the subject of their production.

What I've learned actually is that allot of variably priced parts we think are all just made in the same factory under the same conditions and just slapped with different names have much more story behind them. Some parts are made in stages for starters. So one manufacturer may be doing all the base machining work, but the next hands to get it may end up fine tuning it differently. In many cases, the attention these parts receiver after they've already left the original maker is what really sets them apart from one and other. Where one company might polish and fine tune the action before chrome plating, and then fine it up again, another may do nothing but repackage it.

But even AT the original factory, not all parts are created equal. Many companies send specs. to the manufacturer to make the parts by and either the manufacturer or a middle man handles specific fine tuning and/or quality control efforts. I ran in to both of these with Addax Tactical. They ordered special BCGs that they designed themselves which do no have a gas key but are all one part. The first manufacturer failed to live up to their quality control standards, so they went with Young Mfg. In this case, even after it had cleared all the factories, quality control still played a part.

So allot of it goes in to who's ordering the part, what are their demands, which factory is making them, which of the factory's services, if any are ordered, what middle men does it go to for special features and; if it is sold as part of a gun or upper, how well did the person who assemble it do about making sure it's a good part.

Those extra processes are what make the real difference. The initial manufacturers pump data in to their CNC machines, have the part milled out and run it in a spec checker. The things that happen between that point and the point it gets in the consumers hands are where the real magic happens and the real differences made.

Both - phone and online.  They're rude, on the phone, that's for sure.  I understand their perspective, and the cause of the attitude, though.  They're small, have low prices, and are busy as hell.  When you call them, they'll be pissed off and rude.

One thing - if it's available for purchase on their website, then they DO have it in stock.  Calling them to ask if something on the website is really in stock completely sets them off...  <thumbsup> <lmao>

Did a couple orders last summer for parts and BCGs for friends.  Everything was timely, for normal shipping times during last summer.  Just ordered the latest BCG on 29 December, so I don't really expect it for a couple more weeks, the way things are going right now.

Yes and no I ordered a few things <laughs> over the past few weeks. I was really surprised to find out how many things shipped right out. Yes the bigger guys are busy and yes a few smaller shops. But there are a few gems out there <thumbsup> I ordered one night and the next day got a email from UPS with a tracking order on a barrel <thumbsup>

Both - phone and online.  They're rude, on the phone, that's for sure.  I understand their perspective, and the cause of the attitude, though.  They're small, have low prices, and are busy as hell.  When you call them, they'll be pissed off and rude.

One thing - if it's available for purchase on their website, then they DO have it in stock.  Calling them to ask if something on the website is really in stock completely sets them off...  <thumbsup> <lmao>

Did a couple orders last summer for parts and BCGs for friends.  Everything was timely, for normal shipping times during last summer.  Just ordered the latest BCG on 29 December, so I don't really expect it for a couple more weeks, the way things are going right now.

good way to never get a dime of my money after all this bullpoopy passes..... fornicate them if thats how they do things.

They might be rude but they are holding thier prices and have a decent selection.Just sayin.

Yep, that's completely true, and why I still do business with them.  DrDover doesn't understand that "perspective" I mentioned.

Yep, that's completely true, and why I still do business with them.  DrDover doesn't understand that "perspective" I mentioned.

I understand perspective completely. No reason for em to be douche nozzles. Something about me spending my money with them and them being dorks just would piss me off. I would never run my buisness that way and would fire any employee that acted that way no matter HOW busy you are. That is the fastest way to run a shop into the ground next to telling lies.

Douche nozzles ? I like that. I will add this to my library!

I completely agree with DrDover. We all have bad days at work, but bottom line is you have to be respectful to the ones that feed you. From a suppliers perspective it is easy to say screw those "douche nozzles" given the current market. The smart business man will run his business knowing he has to do whatever it takes in whatever times to be respectful at all times to the "people that feed him".

The "douche nozzle" business man lives for the moment and does not realize, or think far enough ahead to see when things go back to normal he could be cut off. I for one will be one of those people. I will not tolerate a supplier being rude, or disrespectful to me for whatever reason. They go on the "don't buy from them ever again list".

Douche nozzles ? I like that. I will add this to my library!

I completely agree with DrDover. We all have bad days at work, but bottom line is you have to be respectful to the ones that feed you. From a suppliers perspective it is easy to say screw those "douche nozzles" given the current market. The smart business man will run his business knowing he has to do whatever it takes in whatever times to be respectful at all times to the "people that feed him".

The "douche nozzle" business man lives for the moment and does not realize, or think far enough ahead to see when things go back to normal he could be cut off. I for one will be one of those people. I will not tolerate a supplier being rude, or disrespectful to me for whatever reason. They go on the "don't buy from them ever again list".

You hit the nail on the head brother ! <thumbsup>

Right on Tuson. If I don't buy another gun related product I should be OK for my duration (old fk).

Early Dec I went shooting with my buddy and he let me shoot his PAP M92 pistol. It was pretty cool so I started cruising GB looking for one. Before X-mas I found one at SOG for $600. I put my order in on the website. Two days later I told my buddy and he called them and ordered two for himself. I was notified about 3 days later that my order would have a $100 price increase. My buddies had already been shipped to him at the advertised price. I called them and some witch said there was nothing she could do. I told her the story still nothing. I told her to cancel my order and to never expect another order from me or my friends. Gun Broker seems to be the haven for all this nonsense. I see many items not making the reserve lately and hope things are on the downswing. It has been insanity. I can't believer there is this much extra money out there. It's like trying to get a super bowl ticket today!

I seriously hope people remember, it is bad enough fighting the anti's without fighting each other.