• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Help with bipod

EastTexasman

I am looking for a bipod to put on my RRA Predator and I since I do not have a rail I have to attach the bipod on the sling swivel.

I have read many suggestions like GG&G or Bobro but these seem to require a rail on the rifle to install the bipod and I do not want to put one on my rifle.

Is my best option a Harris?

I purchased a Versa-Pod bipod today and will be returning it tomorrow,the bipod might work on some rifles but it is lose the Predator.

I am wanting a bipod for shooting at the range and hog hunting. I can spend as much as it takes to get something good.

Harris.

Get the swivel option, no doubt.

If you shoot prone alot, get the bench rest model (6 to 9).  It gets low enough to shoot prone.  If you get a 9 to 13, the 9" low setting is a little tough sometimes (too high) when you're in the prone.

Harris.

Get the swivel option, no doubt.

If you shoot prone alot, get the bench rest model (6 to 9).  It gets low enough to shoot prone.  If you get a 9 to 13, the 9" low setting is a little tough sometimes (too high) when you're in the prone.

Thanks for the advice and the welcom. Would I be able to shoot sitting with the 9 to 13?

They've got two different models. The M stands for the notched legs (I think). The standard S-BR has plain cylindrical legs that you can adjust into place with a thumbturn. Probably some personal preference involved with everybody on which one they choose.

Either way, you can't go wrong with Harris.

Me, I use the S-BR's on a couple of my AR-10's.

It is not much trouble to attach a short 3 or 4 inch section of rail to the handguard using the existing swivel hole as a guide so it will be on center. Then you can attach a bipod directly to the rail and a sling swivel too. I did this on my free floated guard that is very similar, I would post pics but have never learned how, sorry.

Don't know what type of hand guard you have but this is what I did when I had the Glacier guards on.

http://308ar.com/forum/general-discussion/instaling-a-bi-pod-on-m4-hand-gaurd/msg31133/#msg31133

My Predator here http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=402 .

A washer under the bracket that fits on the the sling swivel might do the trick to get the Versa-Pod bipod to work on my rifle.

Thanks <thumbsup>