• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Olympic Arms not selling to NY LEOs

From their facebook page.

Press Release: Olympic Arms, Inc. Announces New York State Sales Policy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and defender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attention paid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of our Divinely given Rights. One of those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller - 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago - 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.

In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York - henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.

If the leaders of the State of New York are willing to limit the right of the free and law abiding citizens of New York to arm themselves as they see fit under the Rights enumerate to all citizens of the United State through the Second Amendment, we feel as though the legislators and government entities within the State of New York should have to abide by the same restrictions.

This action has caused a division of the people into classes: Those the government deems valuable enough to protect with modern firearms, and those whose lives have been deemed as having less value, and whom the government has decided do not deserve the right to protect themselves with the same firearms. Olympic Arms will not support such behavior or policy against any citizen of this great nation.

Olympic Arms invites all firearms manufacturers, distributors and firearms dealers to join us in this action to refuse to do business with the State of New York. We must stand together, or we shall surely fall divided.

Sincerely,

Brian Schuetz

President

Olympic Arms, Inc.

I've always liked Oly, and they're not nearly as bad as the stories out there.  The rifles are very good, and the barrels are great barrels. 

As StainTrain said, the LEOs are not the enemy.  On the flip side of that, I don't think these companies are targetting LEOs.  I think the LEOs are the victims here, the collateral damage, when these companies target fucked up state governments... 

And the state governments DO deserve what they're getting right now... 

Their barrels are their best parts no doubt about that.

Yes, the States that are passing useless laws deserve what they are getting and could use a bit more.  Like you said, LEOs are the collateral damage in the equation. Sad but true.

The disturbing part is that in most of the NRA classes, comps and gatherings ....you see it filled with flag waving, gun lovin police officers, but somehow in this whole debate, the animosity towards the police continues to grow.  Is it because of the weapons we are issued (do not own) or because we were exempted from the magazine restrictions from the last AWB, as if we had something to do with that?  ThOse weapons are our work tools and while most talk about their SHTF guns and home defense many of us leave our homes and go looking for a fan to through poop into here and abroad. 

LEOs don't run around thinking that the subguns or SBRs we have place us in a better position to take your guns when our political masters crack the paycheck whip...nor does the military.  In almost 20 years no officer, liberal or conservative, has EVER uttered a phase similar to that to me or a colleague. We, like many in the military, love our freedom, but cherish yours even more. 

People can talk about limiting Police Officers and Federal Agents equipment all they desire, but LEO, .mil and .gov will get the equipment from somewhere.  The argument is unrealistic and those efforts will be short lived.  So why vilify LEO and try to limit their ability to carry out their duties, especially since they are not standing in the way of your rights.  The beef is with politicians, lets keep the pressure there. 

IMHO, or not so humble...

If manufacturers MOVE out of states that pass these laws, they take the tax revenue of those companies, as well as the tax revenue of it's workers, with them.  MagPul is a great example.  Who is the fucking nitwit politician that crafted that proposal?  It states that mags greater than 10 rounds can't be manufactured in CO.  Really?  HEY!  DUMBASS!  Are you paying attention to who and what is in your state?!  Or, do you not give a poop... 

CO based companies, NY, CT, MA based companies.  Go somewhere gun-friendly.  You manufacture your wares whilst being surrounded by the enemy.  GTFO, and get somewhere friendly to what you do.

Selling - Mark LaRue nailed it - he won't sell to NY.  Doesn't want the responsibility.  If the citizens aren't allowed to have it, then he doesn't want the responsibility of shipping it to that state.  Makes perfect sense.  For whatever reason, as soon as his goods show up in a citizen's hands - HE will somehow be twisted into the responsibility for it.  More power to him.  More power to Ronnie Barrett, in his stance on California sales.  In Mark LaRue's case he will sell to military and federal agencies.  He won't sell to state and local agencies/activities.  State's laws apply directly to those agencies, whereas Federal laws apply to the mil and fed gov agencies - yeah, I know that they have some impact by state and local, but not very much, and it is limited, if at all.  I don't need to hear the counters about that. 

I think these companies are doing the right thing.  They're doing the right thing for the 2nd Amendment, and for the people of this country.  <thumbsup>

Look at what CT did. Nearly every major gun company was based here until the past 30 years when the power shift changed here. There was a huge debate about Colt when the CT AWB was being proposed. A few politicians fought to exempt Colt. In the end Colt was banned by name. CT has proved law makers care less about the people affected by the financial side of the argument. NY just proved it as well. Sadly the ass hats who make these decisions are not affected by them. They alienate voters who most of which would not vote for them anyhow. They will just raise taxes on everyone else that works to make up for the shortage.

We are WAAAYYYY out voted here. There is no going back until there is a national do over.

Aunt Jemimah on the news today wants to know when somebody is going to come shovel her sidewalk. Hang on Ill be right there..oh wait heres a better Idea have one or all 10 of your unemployed kids get there lazy drug dealing asses out their to shovel because I have to work to support your lazy fat ass.

Hispanic guy works for me. Great guy, dependable, awesome worker. Asks why his neighborhood gets plowed. I said "Carlos of all the people in your neighborhood how many are actually going to a regular job" He is the only one of his friends that has a real job and pays taxes.

I work for a living so people here can vote for a living.

See now you got me heated....Im going to bed angry

See now you got me heated....Im going to bed angry

You don't need to go to bed angry, brother.  Come on over, have a few beers, we'll solve the world's problems.  <thumbsup>

When you wake up in the morning, call in sick, we'll have some breakfast and go shooting.  :hunter:

they do...and the people are getting what they want.  this is the peoples choice. keep fighting the good fight...but we are the misfits and theres really no way back.

IF "their" figures are accurate, most of "The People" don't vote at all.  Clinton was elected by less than 1/4 of eligible voters...twice.  Elections since then haven't been any better.

Honestly, I vote so I can bitch without conscious of having done nothing at all.

But I don't believe it counts.

Jon

It all begins with local elections, do you have any idea how many people I know are hunters, shooters ,gun lovers that don't exercise their right to vote? too many, we lost a local election for a assemblyman here by 18 votes...18 votes thats right... and I know probably 20 people that don't vote.. when you start out at the local level and vote in your pro second amendment candidates and if this goes on in every district your vote can make a change in your state ,county and local offices, it's all about the numbers on our side and if people don't give a poop about voting this is what the outcome is!

Being LEO here in NY and hearing companies that will not ship to NY I see and understand both sides of the argument, I understand that they want to show the politcos in office how they feel and I agree , but when it involves Officer Safety on the other hand.... I don't agree, the majority of Offciers in this state are pro second amendment... I swore an oath many years ago and continue to stand by that Oath!

the majority of Offciers in this state are pro second amendment... I swore an oath many years ago and continue to stand by that Oath!

Very true.  Every Pro 2A LEO needs to let their elected officials know how they feel, also.  It's a different angle than the civilians letting them know.  Imagine if every single affected local and state police agency let those elected officials know hot THEY directly feel...

The politico assholes then get it from both sides.

I don't want to see any officers getting hurt over this - but if there are officers out there that haven't picked up their own, personal patrol rifle by now, then they "waited too long" just like the civilians in that boat did. 

Pappy, I'm not trying to be harsh on ya, brother.  That's just my view.  Looks like the affected LEOs need to get the poop-politicians out of office, just like the civilians need them out of office.  LEOs need them out of office even worse, IMHO.