• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ok I am thinking about taking the plunge...

Magwa

I need sound advice on trust info what i need in a trust,and how to know what a good suppressor is I have tennitis so bad that I have to have my ears plugged full to not end up with a headache.. i have to make a change if I am going to continue to shoot a lot... fire away men ...

I found a reputable class III dealer in my state and asked them to direct me to a lawyer that dealt in gun trusts. He had 2 business cards on hand for lawyers that he recommended and things really couldn't have been any smoother.

Word of caution, stay away from dealers that offers to write up the trust for you. I've seen a few stories about the trust's missing the correct verbage and aren't legal resulting in additional delays.

Price ranges I've seen vary from $175-$450

$175 & $250 were the Lawyers that my class III dealer recommended

$450 was the lawyer that my local forum recommended by a few members

Ok number one on my list will be a repuatable lawyer.

number two do NOT put my wife as next in line.. ok i imagine this is to protect me against divorce? i understand but we do this together shooting and we have been married over 35 years 37 this year , so in any event who do you want next in line I have grandsons and two daughters whom i would want to be in this ....

Ok number one on my list will be a repuatable lawyer.

number two do NOT put my wife as next in line.. ok i imagine this is to protect me against divorce? i understand but we do this together shooting and we have been married over 35 years 37 this year , so in any event who do you want next in line I have grandsons and two daughters whom i would want to be in this ....

The grandkids would be a good bet, but you may have to do your son or daughter as the benefactor…. not sure, but it's a good question to write down for the attorney.

You want your next inline to be folks legal to posses your assets whether temporary or permanently

You cannot add your grandchildren unless they are of legal age to possess the items. Also, make sure the people that you list on your trust will want the item if it is given to them. I've seen items passed on to family members that really have to interest and end up being sold to gun stores.

My son and I are the trustee's on the trust that we had set up. With my daughter as a benefactor. The ex-wife is on her own. laffs.gif It only cost about $600 bucks and was done all through email and phone conversations.It was a reputable guy that my gun pusher.......well....pushes, for people interested in trust's.

Ok I am thinking over a 2 or 3 year period spuressors for 22lr,5.56,308,, now if I was to get into pistols that would mean new barrels and that is getting a bit out of where I am headed so any recomendations on good supressors and they do not have to be the very best just have to be good rugged and solid...

Jon , I am planning on having all my guns in this trust and also accessories, like mags etc anything i want taken care of after my death or in the event that both wife and i exit at the same time, but I will have a seperate trust for my children regarding personel property not in the gun trust like land home etc....

I remember footage of David Rockefeller before congress, testifying that he only paid X-amount in taxes on his worth of billions and billions.  Back in the mid-'70s.  It was because all their wealth is in trusts.

Huge public outcry.

And we still have untouchable trusts.

Jon