• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I really need 800 bucks

MONTANA308

Product description says it was an exclusive annodize process in six separate steps. If it's annodized, it'll be tough enough.

I did notice that after rereading but rarely see finish work like that with annodizing...very nice. My taste is expensive enough without taking it up another level. Edited by jrtmasp

We made these little aluminum plates at one shop, a heat sink of some sort for electronics, about 2"x 2".  After we machined them we had to send them out to get them anodized.  One edge needed to remain naked aluminum.

The plating shop said they had to mask that one edge, to ensure it was done properly.  The whole process was something like $6/plate with the masking.

It was like $0.25 per plate without the masking.  We just had the whole things plated then did a finish cut of 0.001" to remove the anodizing off that one edge...took more time to mount it in the jig than to cut it.

I bet Nemo is masking that off, hence the price.

Jon

We made these little aluminum plates at one shop, a heat sink of some sort for electronics, about 2"x 2".  After we machined them we had to send them out to get them anodized.  One edge needed to remain naked aluminum.   The plating shop said they had to mask that one edge, to ensure it was done properly.  The whole process was something like $6/plate with the masking.   It was like $0.25 per plate without the masking.  We just had the whole things plated then did a finish cut of 0.001" to remove the anodizing off that one edge...took more time to mount it in the jig than to cut it.   I bet Nemo is masking that off, hence the price.   Jon
It's interesting if that's the process. If the market does stabilize and prices drop a bit I would get something like that. However, someone is buying Nemo out there and I would have to imagine that sales would have to plummet for prices to drop anywhere near 200.

I'm pondering it, just because - it would be the badass-edness on my 300BLK.  No doubt.  That is one sweet matched set.  I'm also pondering some other things, and that's the kinda poop that also is the reason I don't have an MRAD already...  I'm so confused...  :cookoo: :help:

all that matters is what comes out the barrel does it shoot where you want? and no one or no animal will ever see the one that get em, so they will never know if it looks cool or not..... :)

PS if you drop it in the woods you may never find it.... LOL