• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

gun show this weekend

Madhouse

Big show this weekend at the reliant center. I just had to let you guys know what I was seeing there. Gun prices were not terrible, pretty much like store prices. I was seeing $700 ARs there.

Ammo, however, we absolutely stupid. I saw a 500 round brick of Winchester .22lr for $190! FN 5.7 ammo was selling for $130 for a 50 round box. I can't understand why we do not know what is going on with ammo, definitively.

My local gun store was selling federal 9mm round this weekend for $16.99 per box of 50 and I bought as much as I could carry.  Thats the most reasonable prices Ive seen in a while.  Now with that said Ive seen people selling these same rounds on "cajun swap shop" which is a facebook page for buying selling trading whatever, for 50 a box.  Now thats just rediculous and when I brought up the fact that I just paid less than half of that at a local gun store to the seller he told me to stop bashing his post and gave me the supply and demand speech.  I cant wait for prices to get back to normal and have stores stock their shelves again that way this poop can stop happening.

Sorry for the rant

.... and I bought as much as I could carry....

This is exactly why the prices are what they are right now. The demand is so high, that those who are in the right place at the right time completely deplete any supply. Leaving others to buy the random scraps at extraordinary prices.

Then the real gougers come out, selling the ammo they just bought at reasonable prices for the same stupid prices. Some sell for profit, some sell just enough to cover their costs and still maintain their own supply.

I'm not accusing you of gouging anyone. Nor am I saying that is wasn't a good idea to get what you could when you did. I'm just pointing out that we are all victims of eachother. When we stop taking advantage of eachother, and refuse to pay the prices listed, this will be an ongoing issue that will never be remedied.

^^^  and, until the factories start cranking out ammo like there's no tomorrow, "Capitalism" will run everything... 

Sad, it is, but it's true.  There will never, ever be and end of people that will fcuk other people for money.  THAT supply line is endless... 

Edited by 98Z5V

Ammo will continue to be scarce for a while.

One thing people tend to forget is that the general public is third in line when it comes to distribution. LEO and Military come first.

Also, when Remington won the PSR contract last year it also included an open PO for 4.7 millions rounds of ammo. So until that order gets filled don't expect to see too much Remington ammo on shelves for a while.

Edited by Goofball310

Ammo will continue to be scarce for a while.

One thing people tend to forget is that the general public is third in line when it comes to distribution. LEO and Military come first.

Also, when Remington won the PSR contract last year it also included an open PO for 4.7 millions rounds of ammo. So until that order gets filled don't expect to see too much Remington ammo on shelves for a while.

thats fine i honestly think they make garbage ass ammo anyways, plus they sold out to NYS F them in the neck as that one guy says.

I always ask the gougers if they are going to buy me dinner. They all say why would I want to do that.......I tell them usually when you f__k someone you buy them dinner. They all get pissed with me. Screw em, I won't pay it. I have enough to outlast them.

i ask if that comes with or with out KY