• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Magpul customer service not so great (RESOLVED)

So now the subject should be Justin and Jessica at Magpul provide great customer service and ARF is a catalyst for industry. 

RC

Actually, I don't think it's due for a subject change. The fact is, without publicly being called out on a large forum...customer service (at least the person who responds to cuatomers) was not so great...as the subject states. Now, that's not saying that ARF isn't a decent place to get some help, or that Jason and Jessica aren't great representatives of Magpul....but if you encounter a legitimate issue and pick up the phone you shouldn't have to run off and post about it to get it resolved. That is customer service that is "not so great".

Actually, I don't think it's due for a subject change. The fact is, without publicly being called out on a large forum...customer service (at least the person who responds to cuatomers) was not so great...as the subject states. Now, that's not saying that ARF isn't a decent place to get some help, or that Jason and Jessica aren't great representatives of Magpul....but if you encounter a legitimate issue and pick up the phone you shouldn't have to run off and post about it to get it resolved. That is customer service that is "not so great".

Right, Jason and Jessica shouldn't have to pull dead weight for some other poop bag that wouldn't go an extra step to see if indeed they maybe some how made a mistake and compensate you for it with a few minutes of research

Right, Jason and Jessica shouldn't have to pull dead weight for some other poop bag that wouldn't go an extra step to see if indeed they maybe some how made a mistake and compensate you for it with a few minutes of research

Oh I agree the first person you spoke with was most likely not following the correct escalation path and you should not have had to get outside help. But it seems to be a problem with that person (their dog may have died that day) not Magpul.

RC

Well, 'that person' responded in a negative manner twice, the second time when she was presented with a copy of the order confirmation. Should I have to track down every person in  Customer Service and contact each one to try and resolve the situation? I think not! Also, if you're employed in customer service you should be able to check any personal issues at the door when starting work so that's not a legitimate argument in my book.

As for posting the issue here and ARF, I had already made TWO attempts to resolve the situation and felt like the issue should be brought before the shooting community and after all, that is one of the reasons we have forums. I made no derogatory remarks, I simply stated the facts and my feelings on the situation. After Justin stepped up and offered to resolve the problem I took the time (as should be done) to go back and post updates at both forums on how well the problem was resolved. I did modify the post title on ARF but didn't do so here as I didn't feel it was necessary. This is a much smaller forum and the folks here tend to stay more caught up on current posts IMHO.

At any rate, the mags were delivered to my door as I was typing this and all is good! I see no further reason to keep pondering what should or shouldn't have been done in this situation so if the moderators see no reason to keep this thread going for further discussion I ask that it be closed.