• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Magpul customer service not so great (RESOLVED)

Well, I'm pretty disappointed with Magpul's customer service right now. As some of you know, I was given authorization for their Military/Law Enforcement direct factory purchase program. I placed my order for 10 SR25 mags on April 30th and received not one, but two confirmation emails. A couple of days ago, wondering what happened to my order, I went on the site and logged into my account but could find no info on the order. I sent an email to customer service, and was advised by a Lynette Flores that they had no record of my order and that the program had ended. I was referred to one of their distributors, which had NO Magpul mags in stock!

The next day, I found the email confirming my order (with the order ID number) and sent it to them and was basically told (again by Lynette Flores) that the program had ended and I was S.O.L.! Magpul has some great products, but so do a lot of other manufacturers and after this fiasco I'm seriously considering not patronizing Magpul anymore.

I was never billed for the mags as they don't bill until they are shipped, so I'm not out anything financially but it burns my ass that they accepted the order then just dropped it with out even notifying me and now their attitude is too bad, so sad! >:(

Larry.

Get on ARFCOM and post (copy and past exactly, your first post in this thread), in their industry section.

They will - WILL - take care of you.

I'm being serious, brother.  Do that, and you'll get your mags.  Justin will probably hop in there and take care of it himself.

Here's a link to their Industry Section over there:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/124_Magpul.html

Larry.

Get on ARFCOM and post (copy and past exactly, your first post in this thread), in their industry section.

I'm being serious, brother.  Do that, and you'll get your mags.  Justin will probably hop in there and take care of it himself.

Well Tom, I tried but couldn't get registered. Seems they consider every email account I have (3) as anonymous email accounts  and wouldn't let me register. WTF is up with that bullpoopy! I can't see opening a half dozen email accounts to find something that meets their standards!

Edited by 392heminut

Larry.

Done! I'll post an update whenever anything happens. <thumbsup>

Wow I wouldn't dig that either. I wonder if it has anything to do with them moving out of that poor misguided state and shutting various equipment down and in process of moving or others that cant or wont move with Magpul that will be loosing their jobs?

I don't think it has anything to do with production. In the second email Ms. Flores sent me she stated that they were running at full production and that eventually I would be able to purchase my mags from one of their distributors. That was the 'too bad, so sad' email I referred to.

I've been reading reviews on promag magazines and people are saying they're as good as pmags and almost indistinguishable and allot of these reviews are coming from admitted promag skeptics. I don't know about .308 mags but their 5.56 mags are going for as little as $10 right now.

That blows! Sorry to hear about this obvious shortcoming from Magpul. I got on that list but didn't end up utilizing it. It's sad to hear about their response to your confirmation emails. Hopefully it was a fluke but the emails should have shut them up and had a rep send you out your order ASAP.

I agree with MaDuce, promags are nice but if I had the choice I would still go with PMags. I have family up in ME and a few of their retail stores were trying to get 25 or more a piece for the 30 rd 5.56...way overpriced.

Edited by jrtmasp

Update;

I did as Tom suggested and put a post over at ar15.com. Approx. one day later I was contacted by Justin and he requested a copy of the confirmation email. I sent it to him and received a replay just a short time latter that day. Justin said he couldn't figure out why the order had never been shipped, as the order had definitely gone through, but had never made it over to the warehouse to be filled. He said it was very strange situation and that he would take care of it. I was just contacted by Jessica at Magpul to confirm my info and she told me the mags would be shipped tomorrow and I would have them probably 2 days after that. Hats off to Justin and Jessica @ Magpul for making this right! <thumbsup>