• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Summer Scratch Build

Haystack

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright; I have a question on buffer and stock selection. What other manufacturers are their of stocks? I like the Battleline Industries S.A.P.R. collapsible stock with adjustable l.o.p. and comb height. But the Magpul P.R.S. is non-length adjustable. From yalls experience what is the best "precision" rifle stock for my rifle? Cost doesn't matter; quality does.

SOLD! Magpul P.R.S. in o.d. and a Magpul M.I.A.D. grip. Phase 5 Tactical lever; B.A.D. A.S.S. safety, then gotta find a mag release

Just make sure you buy the Magpul PRS for the AR-10/SR/25, The AR-15,M-4,M-16 model will not fit correctly!  I've been down that road :ugone2far:

I cannot find a barrel that can print the MOA I want. What are the top 3 barrel makers? Krieger is back ordered, Shilen doesn't produce a 308 Semi-auto barrel (that I could find), what are other upper-level barrels? I'll file through the different mag releases later. So my lower should be done soon (money permitting)

Dang. I'll look into getting a blank machined from an already have gunsmith owned barrel. I'd like 5R rifling, but want the best available. What barrel maker does the military use for M24 barrels?

Mike Creek & Obermeyer ,.All the barrels listed above are equal to or better than what's on the m24. imo. 

Edited by BLKSHEEP

• 3 weeks later...

Is their a better barrel in the same general price range? I don't want to buy a barrel and not have it perform to spec. They're made from Satern blanks (I think) so its a good platform to build off of with the right rate of twist. I'll get a 20 inch barrel due to my own preference of a longer barrel for better accuracy at range, and I weight isn't an issue for me.