• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Summer Scratch Build

Haystack

Jm2c, I think you are looking into this aspect to much. I'm not saying you should wing it and just buy anything. Rainier is a very good company and they take care of their customers. My select barrel does very well, I can only imagine how much better the Ultramatch performs. They offer a no questions asked 90 day return policy with their barrels.

Read product description.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2692

link for UM barrel

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2239

I have no affiliation with this company, I am a content customer of theirs.

Edited by george_995

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record on Rainier...

I ordered a 14.5" stainless barrel from the years ago. They accidently sent me a black one. I confirmed my order and then called them up. They sent me a return shipping label in my email that afternoon, and two days later I had a second barrel at my door. Super fast and reliable. I continue to shop with them often!

Guy in the gun shop said a Mike Rock 5R barrel is the best cited M24 yada yada. I know 5R is good but is it as good as everyone's saying?

The Obermeyer 5-R™ style rifling is simply a different style of rifling that has a more 'ramped', or angled transition from the groove to the land and back down from the land to the next groove. Our conventional 4 groove rifling has nearly parallel sides to the groove. The internet is full of information describing perceived benefits to the 5-R™ rifling over conventional styles, but most of this is comparing "apples to oranges" as they are usually comparing one manufacturer's "non 5-R™" to a different manufacturer's "5-R™" barrels. We have honestly seen no significant differences in accuracy or performance between the two styles of rifling when comparing our barrels.

Thank you, Krieger Barrels

Patience, my brother Haystack. Parts (meaning barrels too) are just now starting to flow back into the retail market. It's only taken (a mere) 7 months since that nimrod in CT....but parts are finally starting to flow out to us. We can all find what we're looking for. You just gotta look around and let them come to you.

I don't know the pattern. Know I want a 20 inch barrel, threaded end, with an 11.25 in 1 twist. Or possibly 1 in 12 twist to stabilize heavier loads. I don't reload as of right now but probably will get a setup soon. I've read that 11.25 is the ideal twist rate for standard mil. surp. and generic shelf loads

I don't know the pattern. Know I want a 20 inch barrel, threaded end, with an 11.25 in 1 twist. Or possibly 1 in 12 twist to stabilize heavier loads. I don't reload as of right now but probably will get a setup soon. I've read that 11.25 is the ideal twist rate for standard mil. surp. and generic shelf loads

Steeper twists will stabilize your heavier loads better, a more shallow twist will be less stable with the heavier bullets. As to which pattern, I was referring to DPMS(SR25 style) vs. Armalite(AR10 style) pattern.   <thumbsup>

Edited by Matt.Cross