• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

blue builds a dissy.

blue109

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jon...like an entry length? I think I've seen that. that's a good idea. I put ths A1 back on it for now and like it better. have an ACS to try out too. Thanks tom. As a fellow PRI whore I figured you might like it.

Yes!  Let me hunt a bit...

Can't find it but it was a nice entry stock.  Very cool presentation!

I'd prefer a lighter carbine buffer though. I theorize it will help with the undergassed nature of the rifle.

Measure the overall length of the rifle buffer.  Measure the overall length of a carbine buffer.  Record the difference.  Stack quarters to equal that distance.  Insert that amount of quarters - first - into the receiver extension, then insert spring, then insert carbine buffer.

Done.

Rifle stock with carbine buffer, and it'll work like a champ for you.

That's what we do with pistol-caliber ARs.  On the .45 ACP AR and the 9mm AR, it takes 7 quarters to make up the difference between the length of a dedicated (longer) pisol-cal buffer and a H3 carbine buffer.  <thumbsup>

Measure the length difference and I'll see if I can turn down a piece of delrin for you instead of using a stack of heavy quarters. :D

The length difference should be 3.375" (10.375" - 7") or thereabouts.

Edited by shibiwan

By the way, Spike's Tactical already does an adaptor for rifle receiver extensions and carbine buffers.  It's on their website somewhere.  They made that for people to run their ST-T2 powdered tungsten buffer in a rifle stock.

Stacking quarters is cheaper, though. 

The weight is negligible, since it's all the way at the back of the stock - it's not "swing-weight" in any way.  You won't even notice it.  <thumbsup>

did some unofficial desert shooting/4wheeling today. this gun won't cycle steel crap ammo. don't really care. the wolf gold ammo runs perfect and has similar POI to the xm193 I was playing with. after a few rounds of steel, it ate 100ish rounds of various brass in various brands of magazines. not a hiccup. this rifle kicks like a 22. I recently set it up using the RIBZ sighting method and wanted to feel it out. it was zeroed at 50yds, and shot dead on at 25 and 100 with the appropriate rear sight elevation dialed in. we had a 5" steel plate somewhere around 250yds (using a pace count in rough terrain, so no idea of exact distance) and I slapped it a few times in 10 shots. not bragging here, but considering I havnt dialed the gun on paper yet, the distance was iffy, and I could barely see the target, I'm happy. this gun rocks my socks off, and may end up being my go-to after I get it dialed in proper and run a few hundred rounds through her.

post-12215-0-02843300-1400467028_thumb.j

Edited by blue109

if frank caught on fire, only thing I would give him is a bucket of gasoline. yeah...it's like that. you'll see.

<lmao>  Reminds me of...

"If you were on fire, I wouldn't piss on you to put you out."  

<laughs>