• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

blue builds a dissy.

blue109

Both. Mostly people asking way too much for used stuff, but if you stay on top of it and strike fast you can catch some great deals. Down Side is dealing with strangers. Read about a guy last week in Phoenix meeting to sell a scar16. Public meeting spot during the day. Buyer hit him with a stun gun and ran. Both parties fired indiscriminately at each other. Nobody hit but some nearby cars shot up. Bad situation all around. I generally only use it for small stuff. Have bought and sold a few guns, but always bring a friend to the meet and do it where I know cameras are around. I also ignore responses written in hood-speak.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, blue109 said:

ASA sells a carrier for $80 or you send them one and they machine a little notch in it for $45. Already blowing my budget so I think I'll opt for the cheaper route. They offer the specs for DIY but I don't think my dremel skilz are up to the task.

I'm embarrassed to ask this, what's the notch for, the side charge handle? :embarrassed:

Those are both pretty rad. The addition of the fancy receiver means I probably won't paint this now, but my 14.5 is looking rough and needs some paint. Sold some stuff and just about raised enough to finish this guy with the top rail and new rings. Also found a match grade 1:7 dissy barrel for the next evolution of this gun that will make it a perfect host for the PFI scope and 77gr ammo. lol. Stupid Lego guns.

http://micromoa.com/16-rifle-gas-fluted-5-56-nato-1-7-barrel/

Edited by blue109

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't ask. Probably should have. He said send it in, I sent it in. Not going to bug them until next week. 

Guess I should have taken election panic into account lol.

ETA: speak of the devil....just got the call. Carrier shipping out today 

Edited by blue109

• 2 months later...

Thought I should update this. As I mentioned before, this gun wouldn't cycle steel cased ammo. I checked the gas port and it was snug on a 3/32 drill bit (.094ish)

The consensus of the interwebz is that a 16" rifle gas barrel should be around .11 to run reliably so i opened it up with a 7/64 drill bit. I didn't have any steel to test, but rifle ran great on my wolf gold and federal 55gr stuff. Didn't notice any loss of smoothness. Still feels silky. I'll update whenever I try some crap ammo.

• 4 weeks later...

Government decided to give me back a little bit of the money they stole from me this year so I ordered some upgrades. The factory aimpoint mount was pretty bulky and was in the way of the side charger. I really wanted a scalarworks mount but the ADM was on sale for less than half the price so I went that way. This is the compM4 low mount and it's just about perfect with the PRI rail. Folds up nice an tight so no issue with the charging handle.

PicsArt_02-19-10.43.34.jpg

PicsArt_02-19-10.45.42.jpg

• 1 month later...