• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sig SB15 Pistol Stabilizing Brace

98Z5V

Very, very interesting device.  Read the details in the link:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/08/18/sig-sb15-pistol-stabilizing-brace-review/

IMG_14781-660x439.jpg

Before everyone that doesn't read the link gets in a huff, that was/is a registered SBR in that pic, and that's the only way a "pistol" would be legal with a forward vertical grip... 

• 4 months later...

Yes. I am sure of it. If I have a choice between shouldering this thing and my SBR, the SBR wins everyday of the week. It's a range toy, plain and simple. Since GA is an SBR friendly state, this purchase wouldn't make sense over the stamp, especially with e-file times. However, I like to spend money, you guys may see it for sale in the coming months.

I know on other sites how people use these things are the source of much consternation.

Edited by StainTrain

I can't hit a damn thing if I employ the brace as "intended", I have to twist my arm sideways to get a sight picture at all. In Iowa we are not allowed SBR,s period so the brace was a great invention for me. I finally figured out that an end plate sling adapter in the right location will prevent the brace sliding in during recoil. Of course I'd love to use a regular stock but the brace is working out fine for me especially now that I can lock in a comfortable LOP.

Now to convince the wife I NEED a 308 "pistol" AR :banana:  

I found that the standard carbine length tube (like the ACE Entry or UBR tube), coupled with the LAW Tactical adapter, was my perfect LOP.

Just wrap it with a foam sock, and maybe a cheek saddle... perfect fit for me.

Although I like the idea of the sling adapter.

Edited by Robocop1051

I can't hit a damn thing if I employ the brace as "intended", I have to twist my arm sideways to get a sight picture at all. In Iowa we are not allowed SBR,s period so the brace was a great invention for me. I finally figured out that an end plate sling adapter in the right location will prevent the brace sliding in during recoil. Of course I'd love to use a regular stock but the brace is working out fine for me especially now that I can lock in a comfortable LOP.

I highly recommend the KAK Industry Super Sig Buffer Tube if you decide to build another or want to use another Tube on your current application. 

I found that the standard carbine length tube (like the ACE Entry or UBR tube), coupled with the LAW Tactical adapter, was my perfect LOP.

Just wrap it with a foam sock, and maybe a cheek saddle... perfect fit for me.

Although I like the idea of the sling adapter.

I want a LAW folder, but I seem to always find something else to spend that money on.......

I don't want to be anywhere around that beast when you let loose OMG that would be loud