98Z5V

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Targets....

Target stands....

???

Plenty of target stands and backers.  BYOT.

11900 N. Sanders Rd.

Easiest way:  No matter if you're coming from Phoenix area or Tucson area, take I-10 to Avra Valley Road exit, turn West.

Take Avra Valley Road about 5 minutes and ALL the way PAST the Marana Regional Airport to Sanders Road and turn RIGHT/north.

After about 1 1/4 miles you will see on your right a chainlink fence…where that fence ends there is a dirt road to the RIGHT, marked with 3 traffic cones (and I will stick a 17"x11" American flag there for extra marking Sunday). Turn right on this dirt road.

The road forks, take the left fork over the irrigation canal and down the sears & roebuck washboard road (sorry Mike), go through BOTH open gates. 

100 yards after the 2nd gate turn LEFT down the hill into the pit.  If you keep going straight you will be on top of the 40' berm and open game for any shotgunning going on.

We can get started about 11:30.

Cost is $6/person.

Supposed to be sunny and bright!

Facilities are a blue house. <<<<<yup, that's it!  Bring water, drink, snacks, water, ammo, and more water.

Plenty of target stands and backers.  BYOT.

11900 N. Sanders Rd.

Easiest way:  No matter if you're coming from Phoenix area or Tucson area, take I-10 to Avra Valley Road exit, turn West.

Take Avra Valley Road about 5 minutes and ALL the way PAST the Marana Regional Airport to Sanders Road and turn RIGHT/north.

After about 1 1/4 miles you will see on your right a cha

inlink fence…where that fence ends there is a dirt road to the RIGHT, marked with 3 traffic cones (and I will stick a 17"x11" American flag there for extra marking Sunday). Turn right on this dirt road.

The road forks, take the left fork over the irrigation canal and down the sears & roebuck washboard road (sorry Mike), go through BOTH open gates. 

100 yards after the 2nd gate turn LEFT down the hill into the pit.  If you keep going straight you will be on top of the 40' berm and open game for any shotgunning going on.

We can get started about 11:30.

Cost is $6/person.

Supposed to be sunny and bright!

Facilities are a blue house. <<<<<yup, that's it!  Bring water, drink, snacks, water, ammo, and more water.

Really .... Really ! WTF , I'm going to talk to your city planner and the city engineer and get some pavement ! That's BS !

Around here land that looks like that is called a runway...Do you guys use levels out there or is the horizon and your eyeball good enough?

Oh, you just wait until I get my other computer fired up, mister.  We have hills out here, and we hang Jeeps off of them.  Il'l get you some pics...

I'm pretty sure there's some airline that can get you here by Saturday afternoon, and get you back out Sunday in the PM.  If you show up on Saturday afternoon, that means I need to buy ANOTHER Supercross ticket...  I'll do the picking up and delivering at the airport, just make sure it's PHX. 

Let me know if I need to get the additional ticket - I'm already buying 7.  You make 8.  The ball is in your court, brother...  :banana:

Pssst.  You get to blow up Drew on Sunday...

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!  ONE DAY ONLY!!!  <laughs> <lmao>

Edited by 98Z5V

So let me get this straight.

My first week back at work after my annual vacation (so getting back into the s h i t).......You want me to jump on a plane to be in AZ by Saturday afternoon.....bring (and check in) a high power rifle at the airport (that I don't even have the final glass for yet).....come help blow up a small section of desert.......drink 50 beers (that would happen regardless)......stumble back onto a plane and fly back to this S-hole by sunday night/Monday morning.

Hmmmmmm..............it does sound tempting. But I don't think that it's gonna happen.

Though....I do like the idea of a spontaneous AZ run at some point. Just can't make it happen right now.

OK........let the S H I T talkin commence...............................................................

So let me get this straight.

My first week back at work after my annual vacation (so getting back into the s h i t).......You want me to jump on a plane to be in AZ by Saturday afternoon.....bring (and check in) a high power rifle at the airport (that I don't even have the final glass for yet).....come help blow up a small section of desert.......drink 50 beers (that would happen regardless)......stumble back onto a plane and fly back to this S-hole by sunday night/Monday morning.

Hmmmmmm..............it does sound tempting. But I don't think that it's gonna happen.

Though....I do like the idea of a spontaneous AZ run at some point. Just can't make it happen right now.

OK........let the S H I T talkin commence...............................................................

Ron, Ron, Ron...  settled down, brother.

You don't have to bring the MRAD.