• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Jon!!! New Year's Day!!!

98Z5V

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY JESUS...   :eek:

I have NEVER shot a Smith & Wesson .460 before.  Before today... 

There's lot's of pics and video comin', guys.  LOTS. 

Despite what anyone says about Gorilla Glass - it's some pretty damn tough stuff.  We set off the equivalent of a shaped charge underneath it. 

The first pic is just of the .460 round, and the Hand Howitzer that fires it.  This is a 4lb chunk of pain, all by itself.

The second round is compared to a 9mm round.  The case on the .460 looks like it's made of THREE .45 ACP cases fused together.  Nuts.

Blue, I can't thank you enough for having this thing out here...  <thumbsup> <laughs> :happydrunks:

post-7-0-91395400-1389575427_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-63783100-1389575446_thumb.jpg

In the original package that Drew sent me, he included a BUNCH of pics of himself - that pic you see is the same as his background image on his phone...  <lmao>

He included a 100-pack of razor blades, and three rolls of badass 3M double-sided tape. 

I figured all this stuff was supposed to be used together, so I used the razor blades to cut up the pics, and the double-sided tape to put his pics up on the range targets...  <laughs>

I got the pics out, started to tape them up, and Mike says, "What are you doing?"  Well, hell, brother, I'm gonna put these pics of Drew up on the hanging steel targets down there and shoot at them!"  Mike says, "What the hell did he do to you to piss you off like that?..."

I was ROLLING!!!  :banana:

Here's all I could recover from the targets at 100 yards... 

post-7-0-52599600-1389577306_thumb.jpg

YT says it'll take another 491 minutes to upload the vid - which I think is bullschit.  As soon as I get the vid up, I'll post it in here... 

Man, we had a riot today.  I ain't kidding in the least.  It was so damn funny...  <laughs> <lmao>

Finally made it home! Had a blast...as usual. Great meeting new faces and Mike and Jon again. Ron, we missed you. It was hard to have fun knowing how much you hate us all, but somehow we overcame.

Tom, thank you again for the hospitality(and the super cross ticket). Tell Dawn thankyou as well. You guys rock.

Good point - We love it when Ron hates us...  <lmao> 

Glad you made it back - SO FAST!  You must have been pinned the whole way back, brother...  Hell, I'm glad to have been in a position to offer help during this trip - the SX was just lucky timing, but timing we couldn't pass up.  The house - mi casa su casa, brother, anytime.  Any time.  <thumbsup>