2014 black bear tag

shepp

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bait, I'd poop my self if that came waddling In!!! Ever been In the gas station in tripoli on 8 down by tomahawk? You ever get down that way stop I think it's the BP, there's a huge full mount in there Heard they needed a skid steer to get it out the woods

• 4 months later...

I have two blacks out of California. Both were about 250-300 lbs. Both taken with my Mossberg .308 bolt action.

On my first bear hunt (I was young) I forgot my ammo and had to buy ammo at a hardware store. All they had was 180gr SP. I head shot a boar at about 30 yards.

My second bear hunt (also my wife's first anything-hunt) I was loaded with Hornady 150gr ballistic tip. Another head shot at 60 yards landed a sow.

I have two blacks out of California. Both were about 250-300 lbs. Both taken with my Mossberg .308 bolt action.

On my first bear hunt (I was young) I forgot my ammo and had to buy ammo at a hardware store. All they had was 180gr SP. I head shot a boar at about 30 yards.

My second bear hunt (also my wife's first anything-hunt) I was loaded with Hornady 150gr ballistic tip. Another head shot at 60 yards landed a sow.

I'd like to get the skull bleached if it's a big bear so I'd rather not do a head shot. I got Barnes vor-tex 150gr tipped TSX BT

Oh that is a good one. A grizzly in Northern Wisconsin! Saw a black bear two weeks ago on the Bad River Reservation right outside Ashland was huge! Guessing close to 400 pounds if not a little more.

Edited by Sisco

Oh that is a good one. A grizzly in Northern Wisconsin! Saw a black bear two weeks ago on the Bad River Reservation right outside Ashland was huge! Guessing close to 400 pounds if not a little more.

Grizzly in N wisc??

Hopfully he waddles in to my stand in a month and a half sounds like the area I'll be in

The great outdoors video. Didnt you say that was supposed to be in Wisconsin? I didnt see the movie originally.

As far as bears, the average size is increasing up here. A fellow I know ran a radio tagging study of black bears for twenty years, and he was telling me that one reason they are getting bigger is deer baiting. And because of deer baiting, they are staying awake longer into the fall to take advantage of the free food. I can vouch for this. A couple of years ago I had a ground blind destroyed by a bear during rifle season. And on Thanksgiving Day I was in a tree stand during a snow storm when I look behind me and there is a bear 100 feet away looking at me. About 250 pounds. He watched me for five minutes, than up and wandered away.

The great outdoors video. Didnt you say that was supposed to be in Wisconsin? I didnt see the movie originally.

As far as bears, the average size is increasing up here. A fellow I know ran a radio tagging study of black bears for twenty years, and he was telling me that one reason they are getting bigger is deer baiting. And because of deer baiting, they are staying awake longer into the fall to take advantage of the free food. I can vouch for this. A couple of years ago I had a ground blind destroyed by a bear during rifle season. And on Thanksgiving Day I was in a tree stand during a snow storm when I look behind me and there is a bear 100 feet away looking at me. About 250 pounds. He watched me for five minutes, than up and wandered away.

Ahhhhh yes, it's about two brothers on vacation from Chicago with their families I'm convinced they're suppose to be in minaqua.

I've never actually seen a bear deer hunting up there but we've seen plenty of sign. we've kicked em up while driveing, and that totally makes sense with baiting.

• 1 month later...