• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Dawn Marie's 300 AAC Blackout "Ghost Gun"

98Z5V

Now, this is how everything is turning out SO far. Waiting on the special stripped upper and lower, and still waiting on some Cerakote.  Everything is here now except for that upper and lower, plus the Cerakote...

Luckily, I have a few "extra" uppers and lowers" that can get us shooting tomorrow - so the whole thing went together.  <dontknow>

Spec list:

Dawn's Ghost Gun:
AP Ghost upper and lower:           
RA 14.5" stainless match 300BLK barrel:      
Spikes Tactical Dynacomp 308           
Armalite .223 Carbine Gas Tube           
Geissele Super Gas Block           
MAGPUL STR Stock Kit Milspec - Foliage Green  
MAGPUL MOE Grip - AR15/M16 - Foliage Green   
MAGPUL MBUS Gen 2 Flip Up Sight Set - Black   
Lancer L5AWM 5.56mm 20rd Mag Translucent - Smoke
Geissele Enhanced Combat Trigger - SSA-E   
Rainier Arms BCG - Nickel Boron           
Magpul ENhanced Trigger Guard           
FCW Guns H6 midlength handguard           
FCW Guns H6 midlength top picatinny rail   

You guys don't want to know the prices on that stuff.  Not even funny.

Rifle:

post-7-0-22034900-1393142848_thumb.jpg

Brother, she put some lead and copper out there for ya.  What a great build.  I'm getting vids up on YT right now, but it'll take awhile.  She's a little gunslinger, but...  she's starting to turn into a trigger thief!  I'll explain later.  I have some outtakes to upload, too...  <lmao>

On another note - I will re-zero my 300BLK for 150-grain projectiles.  I'll never load anything else of a different weight.  It's perfect.  I loaded 20 rounds into some factory Remington 300 Blackout brass, and 20 rounds into my home-brewed cut-down 5.56 NATO cases.  16.5 grains of H110 with Hornady 150 grain FMJ boat tails.  Perfect.  At that load weight, I should be able to get over 400 loaded rounds per can of powder. 

EDIT - CCI 400 primers used;  5.56 NATO formed brass was trimmed to 1.363" and loaded to COAL of 2.105", based on Sierra's 300BLK load data for 150-grainers:

http://sierrabullets.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/300-aac-blackout.pdf

That Rainier Match barrel has a tight chamber, too.  I hand-cycled a BUNCH before heading out to the dirt pile.  I had a hard time getting rounds to seat and the bolt carrier closed.  A BUNCH.  Enough that I was questioning my die set, and the barrel.  I finally said Eff It, and headed out to shoot the thing.  It'll shoot in just fine, but it'll take a few hundred rounds to loosen up.  Only one failure to close the bolt out there, and the NiB bolt carrier was only lightly oiled.  It'll work itself out, but I'm going to call Rainier and ask them about the chamber dimensions for their Match barrel.  Just wanna know what they say, and see if it's any different than the SAAMI spec chamber.  <dontknow>

Edited by 98Z5V

Here's two groups of 4 rounds, on the timer.  My 14.5" 5.56 rifle, ARF billet lower and S3G trig. This thing is fast. 

Ended up with first round at 1.07, #2 was 0.16 split time, 3rd with 0.13 split, 4th with 0.15 split.

Break for 2nd group was 1.56 seconds on round #5, #6 was 0.16 split, #7 was 0.15 split, and #8 was 0.14 split.  Total time for all 8 was 3.52 seconds.  Shot timer vid still uploading.  I'll edit and add it into this post once it's up.

EDIT - Split times added:

Edited by 98Z5V

Fast trigger work .

Yep, she's pretty good.  <thumbsup>

I...  Well, I just got nervous, closed my eyes and started jerking the trigger.  :banana:

By the way guys - I LOVE my new verbage above my avatar - EXCELLENT!!!  <lmao>

More vids uploading now... 

Edited by 98Z5V

Here's a string with group of 4, 4, 2.  Split times consistently coming down.  Haven't shot against the timer since last summer, with regularity.  I used to get out 4 times a week, for 3 or 4 full mags. Shoot 90 or 120 before work in the mornings.  Need to start doing that, because the times are creeping up without practice.  They come back down quickly, but only to a certain point.  Anyway, here it is:

Time for comedy. Remember, when you go to the range, you can't fire any ammo unless you close your bolt carrier. Apparently, I left that bit of information at home on Sunday...

Here is The Trigger Thief...

:wtf:   is THIS stuff?!!?

Edited by 98Z5V