• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The race is on!

NTXshooter

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I filed the form on 8/1 and it was approved on 8/22.  Let's see how long it takes to get the stamp.

You sure you're looking at the right thing?  That's probably "check cashed" date there, not approval.  It's kinda crazy that you got approved before most people get their check cashed...

You sure you're looking at the right thing?  That's probably "check cashed" date there, not approval.  It's kinda crazy that you got approved before most people get their check cashed...

That's pretty much what the guys at 300blktalk.com are reporting. I am interested in seeing how long it takes to have that stamp in hand after being approved too.

That was from a Class III dealer, who was working to confirm.

Did he confirm?  Or is he still working to confirm?

What says BATFE on that?

These guys can't just re-write law from 26 June 1934.  Congress has a part in that.  BIG part.

This is getting wierd now no stamp? I am not the sharpest tool but I think I would have to call BS on that .. so if I get it right if you e file no stamp and it is quick and if you snail mail file you get a stamp but it take a long time... that system seems a bit skewed......

So far, the dealer has not yet received a response back from BATFE. When I was there the other day, he showed me a printout of a PDF for one of their e-filed SBR's and it had the stamp on it (meaning the original document with the stamp on it was likely scanned by BATFE, and emailed as a PDF with the appoval.)

He and several people in the shop were having the same debate about it as we are having here. Is this "copy" of the of the orignal document with stamp all that will ever be received, or will they eventually mail the original? At this point, I guess no one really knows.

Dagger! I just got a letter from the ATF today. You know.....you see that DOJ letter in the mail and you get all giddy. FU@K! I forgot to put on my form 1 (right beside where you sign your name), you have to print your name and state that you're a trustee (since you're a trust......not an individual). FU@K! What a rookie mistake.

Breathe...........breathe.........breathe...........

It's ok. They just send a letter asking you (for the rest of you) to fill in the blank section (which they highlight on the form) and send it back in. Should only be a "short" amount of time.

This is my fourth Form 1................................................................I shoulda known better (thus the rookie mistake).

I hope that I didn't FU@K anybody that was asking for guidance at the time (I feel like an ass).

MAGWA and EDGE. Double check you're paperwork that you sent in. Actually.......Edge........I think you filed as an individual....not a trust. SO..........you're on your own. (Ha!)

Just kidding brothers. Just figured that I'd pass this along to you. AND..........................that I'm an A$$HOLE (AKA.......alotta help).

Edited by Rsquared

Whether or not this is true, back when I purchased my suppressor from them a few years ago, they were selling over 50,000 cans per year, out of a residential home! I didn't want to conduct my business over the internet, so went to the owner's home office to make the purchase and pick up the can once my form 4 came back. Back then he had a very large pile of suppressors stacked on the shelves waiting for form fours, and said half his garage was full. Now that he has a brick and mortar shop, I can only imagine how much product he must be pushing out the door.

What I am hearing is that electronic filing and electronic approval is all that you get. The PDF in the email is all you will ever receive, no physical stamp any more.

E-file, E-approval, E-stamp. Done.

Yup, I questioned the guys over at 300blktalk.com and they told me the same thing, the stamp comes with the approval email and you just have to print it out!

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would pass on this information.  I had not received my tax stamp for the SBR that was approved.  I emailed the ATF and the response I received was "No physical stamp is mailed.  The electronic copy is your official registration form.  Print the Form 1 and keep it with the weapon."  Just thought everyone might like to know.