• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Going deer huntin opening weekend.....Help

washguy

Ok my brothers...got Char talked out of the Elk silliness...but she's dead set on getting a deer now..and hang it on the wall... :hunter:

So after looking long and hard...cause hell its almost time and find a place now..you gotta be kidding me !

Well, found a Texas Hill Country ranch that had a cancellation for opening weekend,so game on...im signed up...here's my question

What in the hell does a 130" buck look like...cause thats all my wallet can afford...we signed up for a doe and management buck not more than 130"  the ranch is both high and low fenced, and the low not guided which is what I wanna do is the low fence....so without someone there to say shoot this one or that one....gimme an idea of the 130" buck and what he looks like....hell if I know how to score one...tips/advice...pretty please

:) Wash

Man...you guys just pick out the one you want eh? I always heard they were tied to trees in Texas, but I though that was a joke. We actually have to hunt around and get lucky before we.l claim one in so cal.

The hardest part is waiting in the checkout line to pay for it .... :) Wash

Where's your sense of adventure. Roll the dice. Hunt with no guide. Maybe you have to pay a little more, but it will be because you found a good buck.

Thats what I said...in my post we arnt using a guide,,,,hunting low fence area fair chase.....without a guide....they already know about where they are and they drop you off and you start your hunt...we arnt hunting  the high fenced area...thats where the exotic game is

We did hunt a high fence exotic game ranch this spring DNP....it was strictly glass and stalk....took half a day to stalk a fallow doe...these aint your pets just because its high fenced....after all you dont want the zebra to get out .... :) Wash

I read the original. I was responding to SS's post about possibly being subject to a higher fee. I'm happy you aren't just ordering a buck off the menu. That seems strange to me.

"I think I'll take that one."

"What yardage would you like us to stake him out at sir?"

"I don't know, how about 800 meters...that's a normal range, eh?"