• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

why don't we?

LAR8Autoshucker

Done.  And done.  We did.  Got kinda unruly, because anybody can claim they're a vet or LEO. I ran that section, and wanted to start verifying people, proper. Some of the things I had in mind were what people were bitching about - but were the same verification processes as other places.  We dissolved it instead. 

There are some things that current military, prior military and LEOs say/state/post - that doesn't need to be seen by GenPop.  They people in the yard don't need to know all that stuff. Prison terms used, there.

Vet/Mil/LEO sections are typically private, and for a reason.  If a board had them, GenPop wouldn't even know they existed.  And, that's by design, and for reason.

My $0.02. 

Sounds like a hassle waiting to happen. I'm proud of my military service but don't consider myself a veteran. I get classified that way in government paperwork at times but in my book if you didn't serve during wartime then there is no "veteran" status. I don't mean to offend anyone but I would never put myself in the same class as my grandfather, father, step-father, and nephews who actually served in combat.

It could get a little messy trying to vet the status...............

Sounds like a hassle waiting to happen. I'm proud of my military service but don't consider myself a veteran. I get classified that way in government paperwork at times but in my book if you didn't serve during wartime then there is no "veteran" status. I don't mean to offend anyone but I would never put myself in the same class as my grandfather, father, step-father, and nephews who actually served in combat.

I feel the same way brother!

That's a very modest? (Think that's the word I'm looking for) way to put it. Still more than I ever did, thank you

When I joined the general consensus was there could be war at any minute.....but there wasn't.

I stood on the runway when a plane full of Rangers loaded up for Grenada, they are the vets, I was just a green guy watching them take off. Emotional stress from uncertainty doesn't count for me.

The people who were drafted or volunteered knowing there was a war going on are the real vets, the real heros that deserve the benefits. 

I consider all Rangers my brothers and most feel the same but I can never fully understand what it is to be in that tighter circle of combat vets. 

Just my two cents.............

Brother J you put in the work to make the grade,Hell of an acomplicement brother <thumbsup> Don't be so hard on you'rself.

Don't get me wrong, I don't see it as a negative that I did not see combat, after seeing how it has messed with my nephews head I'm glad I didn't.

I fully understand I was one of the baddest sons a'bitches on earth at one time in my life and I'd still answer the call if it came, I'm just not in the same class as combat vets. It's one thing to train for it and another to put that training into practice.